The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flight96 said:
Its odd because they advertise on http://www.trackey.ford.com/trackey/include/Boss302-HeroCard-6.pdf

At first, they didn't send Owner's Kits to Canada, either...

Not saying it's going to make a difference, but if enough Canadians complain you might get somewhere..

Still think it's a long shot, though.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

Fiddler49 said:
SOBOSS was in my April class, and from Canada. Has anyone from up north tried to sign up recently?

It all depends upon where the buy the car. If a Canadian travels south and purchases the car in the states, then thay have a chance to attend and also avoid the $8k Canada tacks onto the purchase price.

Flight96

69 Mustang Vert Restomod BOSS 351 & 2013 BOSS 302

I actually looked at buying in Washington State. I spoke to a couple of dealerships there, the one I was trying to haggle with wouldn't go any lower than $45,960. He stated to me that the BOSS 302's were selling very fast and he would not have any problem selling it for that price....When I talked to him a week later, it was sold. My wife got ours for $46,500Cdn.
A bit off topic..... 8)

The sad aspect of the Track Attack is Ford built the one day school in the price of all Bosses. If the original owner doesn't use it within a year it expires. Once car is titled on the Boss is sold let's say one day later and it has one mile on it, the Track Attack is voided. This makes no sense. The only cost to Ford is basically a one day drivers school. The participant pays all expenses to get to Utah and I you are traveling say from Florida as I would be coming from, I would add a second or third day since the expenses are a sunk cost. I have done Skip Barber open wheel 3 day basic at Sebring and 2 day advanced at LaGuna Seca. Ford needs to rethink its rules regarding Track Attack and invite expired or new owners of any Boss who has not done Track Attack. Anyone out there know Henry III?

Flight96

69 Mustang Vert Restomod BOSS 351 & 2013 BOSS 302

SilverBolt said:
Received my confirmation. My daughter and I will be there on Monday, Oct 28th. Looking forward to it.
Ron

Have a blast bud....I wish I could be there with ya, that was the date I was looking at....But us Canadians apparently paid too much to be allowed to play !

Beemer said:
The sad aspect of the Track Attack is Ford built the one day school in the price of all Bosses. If the original owner doesn't use it within a year it expires. Once car is titled on the Boss is sold let's say one day later and it has one mile on it, the Track Attack is voided. This makes no sense. The only cost to Ford is basically a one day drivers school. The participant pays all expenses to get to Utah and I you are traveling say from Florida as I would be coming from, I would add a second or third day since the expenses are a sunk cost. I have done Skip Barber open wheel 3 day basic at Sebring and 2 day advanced at LaGuna Seca. Ford needs to rethink its rules regarding Track Attack and invite expired or new owners of any Boss who has not done Track Attack. Anyone out there know Henry III?

I agree with you 100%. I'm a new owner of a used Boss, and I wish I could go to track attack (drive the boss). I plan on going to Millers, but I guess a prepared GT is what's available for me

GOT SVT said:
flying out today to utah

dinner reception tomorrow night

track attack on monday

Flying out in the am, and will be at the reception Sunday might. Cannot wait....
Just checked the weather.....Rain all day Monday......*ucking terrific

Fomoco302 said:
It rained on n off the whole day I was there in late May. Track drains really well n you will learn car control.
I had the same last Oct. it really wasn't as bad as i thought it might be and the tires they had on the cars handled well in the rain. the lines your driving through dry out very fast. It was also a factor for me to not wreck the car so a little rain helped keep me in line.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Was reading the Track Attack FAQs and it says no shorts...is this true because I thought I read some users wore them without issue.

Will be arriving Thursday and drving Friday weather looks to be Arizona like!

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can wear shorts to the class which work underneath the drivers suits they provide. On a hot day might be the way to go.....I just got back and it was pretty mild in temps compared to what it has been according to the staff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel