The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with ric above ( nice to meet you as well )

here are some photos of my time at miller motorsports park in salt lake city utah for the boss track attack program

i have pics from leaving at airport to the dinner reception/ museum tour to the ford racing driving school/boss track attack to a cool restaurant about an hour from the track

all hosted here - http://s783.photobucket.com/user/GOTSVT/library/Boss%20Track%20Attack?sort=2&page=1

i will be updating the link with more photos when i have some more time

and yes i got the parnelli jones boss 302 #15

20130826_153746_zps977a461a.jpg

askjeffro said:
Sweet, that is the same car I drove. It was great for me, hopefully for you too.
And the same car in the BMO header. 8)

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439

Just drove BTA yesterday all I can say is wow! I have a new appreciation for my car, hot laps were the second best thing I've ever done in a car ;) Who am I kidding it's a tie!!

the track attack was great and staff is also great the best and we stayed at the saltlake city motel they just spent 3.2 million on the place 67.00 a nite about 30 mins from track

Had a great time with cooler temps during our sessions...Great instruction and the staff was terrific. Learned a lot and will put it to good work. Hats off to the folks at MMS Park and Ford for a great program.

SilverBolt said:
Received my confirmation. My daughter and I will be there on Monday, Oct 28th. Looking forward to it.
Ron

Hey, I'll be there on the 28th also! Looking forward to meeting you.

For those of you that have gone already, is there something you'd wish you had known before you went, or something you wish you had brought, but didn't? I'm really looking forward to it!

GOT SVT said:
agree with ric above ( nice to meet you as well )

here are some photos of my time at miller motorsports park in salt lake city utah for the boss track attack program

i have pics from leaving at airport to the dinner reception/ museum tour to the ford racing driving school/boss track attack to a cool restaurant about an hour from the track

all hosted here - http://s783.photobucket.com/user/GOTSVT/library/Boss%20Track%20Attack?sort=2&page=1

i will be updating the link with more photos when i have some more time

and yes i got the parnelli jones boss 302 #15

20130826_153746_zps977a461a.jpg

Nice pics. On the last page, there is a car on a lift in that restaurant. I have the same lift, never thought I would see one setup like that in a restaurant. Cool idea.

the only 2 2013's i saw were grabber blue and ghig

i can send you some just not right now, on my way to see kid rock

It 's only been 2 weeks, aug.26, I lived the dream, on the same track,
Thanks for the refresher, it was great again.
GTHIG 1359. MMP,BTA, WEST COURSE!

raptor said:
I agree with you 100%. I'm a new owner of a used Boss, and I wish I could go to track attack (drive the boss). I plan on going to Millers, but I guess a prepared GT is what's available for me
you pay one way or another, the fact is pay you won 't regret it.
I paid thru the dealer, to do it again I pay MMP. You
can drive your boss if you like, that 's less $$$, but you won 't likely
feel the differance between the boss & gt.
GTHIG 1359 , 11k and add'n more..

I went to track attack a few weeks ago. It rained most of the afternoon but I still really enjoyed it and learned a lot about the car. As others have said, just when you're feeling pretty good, it is impressive how fast the instructors are. They really knew how to control the weight transfer of the car and use it to their advantage.

I stayed in a Holiday Inn in Tooele. If you've got any IHG reward points, it was super cheap to stay there - 5,000 points per night. It's about a 10 minute drive from the track.

Below are a few videos. These are the whole session, so they're a bit long. If you are using a GoPro, make sure to put it in spot mode. I didn't know that the first day, so the exterior in those videos is washed out.

Day 1 Boss 302 with instructor
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vZhCVLk3ns0[/youtube]

Last session in the Boss 302
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QFcuiTTcXT4[/youtube]

Last session in the FR500S
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OoaIAS-yqv4[/youtube]

Went to Track attack on the 19th , and had a blast. Glad I decided to go. Was little nervous at first, since I have never done anything like that. The staff was great and taught everything you needed to know. At the end of the day wasn't nervous at all, had the time of my life.

Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just competed the Track Attack. Worth every single penny we spent. Upgraded my wife from spectator to driver. I would do this again and again. The hot laps give you a new appreciation for the Boss.
Wife and I at the museum.
4edehazy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13

Great meeting you two. It's really great that you can share this interest.

The hot laps were something else. I would never have believed those cars could actually stay on the course at those speeds.

Nice photo in the museum. I offered Bill a quarter to let me sit in that first GT40 but he wouldn't go for it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel