The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Build sheet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone that has stripped their BOSS come across a build sheet anywhere in the car? I know you can get one online, just wanted to know if they still put one say under the seat or in another inconspicious spot.

BLAZN BOSS

Not 100 % sure but i read somewhere that ford stopped that a while ago..........I dont think build sheets come in the cars anymore.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Jason said:
Has anyone that has stripped their BOSS come across a build sheet anywhere in the car? I know you can get one online, just wanted to know if they still put one say under the seat or in another inconspicious spot.

Hey Jason:
I was thinking about the same thing, and yes I know that you can order a recreation build sheet online, but it's just not the same to me.

Over here in the Northeast, my Boss won't see daylight until April the way this winter is going, so I have been reading the book that came in our owners kit and sure enough, on page 131 there is a Kona Blue Boss coming down the assembly line with 3 build sheets taped to it.

It would be a great find if they still stuffed the master build sheet in these cars, but maybe it's true, they just don't do it anymore. I never had a reason to pull the carpet, so I'm still hopeful.
Take care and enjoy your Boss.
302 Hi Pro

BOSS343

Theory of 1
This is interesting. I am surprised no one located a build sheet on the car. You would think at the very least with this special limited edition car they would include one just because.

BLAZN BOSS

BOSS343 said:
This is interesting. I am surprised no one located a build sheet on the car. You would think at the very least with this special limited edition car they would include one just because.
I very sure Ford doesnt do it anymore

Propilot

Support your local MS Society Chapter
Guys,
My BOSS is one of the few that I know of that was photographed and video taped as it was being built. There were numerous "build sheets" attached to the vehicle as it makes its way through the build process. I believe what is being asked for is the "broadcast sheet" (a sort of master "build sheet"). Unfortunately, most (if not all) Mustang builds have this documentation removed and discarded prior to leaving Flat Rock.

BTW: I am one of the lucky few who has all the documentation associated with the build of my BOSS LS.

Propilot said:
Guys,
My BOSS is one of the few that I know of that was photographed and video taped as it was being built. There were numerous "build sheets" attached to the vehicle as it makes its way through the build process. I believe what is being asked for is the "broadcast sheet" (a sort of master "build sheet"). Unfortunately, most (if not all) Mustang builds have this documentation removed and discarded prior to leaving Flat Rock.

BTW: I am one of the lucky few who has all the documentation associated with the build of my BOSS LS.
You are correct, they are discarted before leaving the plant. They even have a build sheet for the engine. if you notice they all have the rotation# listed on them as well. These sheets are hard to come by. I was at the plant when my car was built and was able to receive my sheets as well.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel