The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon Fiber Cup Holder Door

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin said:
I'm in for one. Also where can one order this tape? Emblem tape I have found needs replaced every few years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are different specs, but Amazon carries some.

ReakHavok,
I took some of what you were wanting and came up with this. This would be design that could be easily cut in vinyl. I could do something off the pic you sent, but it would need to be simplified quite a bit.
FourthAceCH_zps52e4bf6d.jpg

That looks amazing. I e-mailed him a couple of weeks ago , with a design. Have not heard back yet, probably just busy with all of our orders.

Just a word of caution. The 3M VHB tape line is next to permanent. Very difficult to remove. They use this stuff on featherlite car trailers and we use it on some of our lighting products.
LOL, but not impossible. He told me when he put it on first, it was a bit too far to the passenger side and was hitting when opening the door. He said he had to heat his whole car up and he pried on it for 10m to get it to finally come up. It stuck back and was good to go. He said that bonds is waaaaaay more than the regular 3M emblem tape.
In talking to Mike who does these, he has had some unexpected travel in the past two weeks that has put him behind. I can relate as I too have been on the road visiting my dad 6 hrs away in his last days.

Saw that Mike has begun selling these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2013-Ford-Mustang-Real-Carbon-Fiber-Cup-Holder-Cover-Boss-302-V1-/221388610849?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item338bca1d21&vxp=mtr

Couldn't be happier with the result. He made an extra Pistol Pete and it is not part of another oSu mustang. (Roadhouse) Has anyone else ordered one of these?

TMO Supporting Vendors