The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Carbon Fiber 3D Printed Battery Tray for Li Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So im pretty into this but scared by all the horror stories of LI batteries and ford “smart” charging not playing well together. What gives?
Not too sure. I saw 1 guy on the forum had really bad luck with both brands which I feel bad but I’ve had an amazing experience.

I’ve been running my battery for 2 years now with no trickle charger yet. I actually bought it during the early pandemic but didn’t install it until late 2021

I run it at Thunder hill and Sonoma regularly. Also hit buttonwillow, auto club as well as Willow springs on occasion. Mine usually sits from ~October-March with an occasional cars n coffee here and there.

I would be careful about static long term idling though. Heat soak will trigger the BMS and shut down power. When it cools off you’ll be good to go.

That’s just my experience and everyone’s differs.

Last edited:
Not too sure. I saw 1 guy on the forum had really bad luck with both brands which I stop bad but I’ve had an amazing experience.

I’ve been running my battery for 2 years now with no trickle charger yet. I actually bought it during the early pandemic but didn’t install it until late 2021

I run it at Thunder hill and Sonoma regularly. Also hit buttonwillow, auto club as well as Willow springs on occasion. Mine usually sits from ~October-March with an occasional cars n coffee here and there.

I would be careful about static long term idling though. Heat soak will trigger the BMS and shut down power. When it cools off you’ll be good to go.

That’s just my experience and everyone’s differs.

thanks for the reply and info. Which model
Do you have?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
California
So im pretty into this but scared by all the horror stories of LI batteries and ford “smart” charging not playing well together. What gives?
I also have an ATX20HD in my car. It has been almost a full year with mine and I have no complaints. Cranks over my car easier than the oem battery did even with E85. I have noticed if I am on the track or the canyon It does take an extra crank or 2 to start but otherwise flawless

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Gilbert SC
I have been using the ATX20HD for a year, with 10 weekends at the track and zero issues. I use a trickle charger recommended by antigravity between track events but have never had to jump it at the track, even if we do back to back sessions.

TMO Supporting Vendors