The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CEL P2626 O2 replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Earlier this week I got a CEL and it is P2626 I clear it and it comes back after about 20-30 mins of driving. The car will then start to run very rich. I know its a fwd O2 sensor. I was told my Shaun at AED it is from running E85 and the water "popped" the sensor. I didnt know this was a problem with running E85. I am switching back to 93 here this weekend. I found out that if you buy a 2011+ raptor 6.2L left side O2 sensor it is the same as a mustang sensor just longer leads (which are nice when running long tubes). Part number is DY1184 and is about 57 on rockauto website which is cheaper then a mustang sensor (makes sense....no not really).

I have googled the code and get mixed results as to which side it is. I havent been able to find a straight answer. I think its bank 1. Anyone have a answer to which side it is?

DTC P2626: O2 sensor positive current trim circuit/open (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

During deceleration fuel shut-off the PCM monitors the integrity of the universal heated oxygen sensor UO2SPCT circuit by comparing the actual oxygen sensor voltage to an expected oxygen sensor voltage signal. This DTC sets when the actual oxygen sensor voltage exceeds the maximum voltage threshold for a specified amount of time.

Possible causes: Corrosion, incorrect harness connections, UO2SPCT circuit open.

I can sent you a PDF attachment of the flow chart to check the circuit if you like.

Justin

Ranger117 said:
DTC P2626: O2 sensor positive current trim circuit/open (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

During deceleration fuel shut-off the PCM monitors the integrity of the universal heated oxygen sensor UO2SPCT circuit by comparing the actual oxygen sensor voltage to an expected oxygen sensor voltage signal. This DTC sets when the actual oxygen sensor voltage exceeds the maximum voltage threshold for a specified amount of time.

Possible causes: Corrosion, incorrect harness connections, UO2SPCT circuit open.

I can sent you a PDF attachment of the flow chart to check the circuit if you like.
thanks. I got a reply twice that it wasnt the tune....going to replace and if it doesnt go away....the emails shall fly

Justin

replaced sensor all is well now. from some searching there is a TSB out on this code apparently. I didnt attempt to have the dealer fix it as I have long tubes and custom tune on the car

I blew my O2 sensor after 1000 kms on the ARH long tube headers and had a similar code come up. After that I learned about the recommendation that O2 sensors should be angled 10 degrees downward to let any moisture drip out of the sensor (mfg recommendation). I had a shop close off the original ARH sensor locations and had new bungs put in that had the sensors angled down (since the original ARH bungs were dead even or even angled a little upward). No issues after more than 10000 kms.

Justin

sadil said:
I blew my O2 sensor after 1000 kms on the ARH long tube headers and had a similar code come up. After that I learned about the recommendation that O2 sensors should be angled 10 degrees downward to let any moisture drip out of the sensor (mfg recommendation). I had a shop close off the original ARH sensor locations and had new bungs put in that had the sensors angled down (since the original ARH bungs were dead even or even angled a little upward). No issues after more than 10000 kms.
im going to make the same mod to mine. Do you happen to have a pic of the finished mod?

Sorry Justin, I dont have any pictures of the setup. I did at one point but cannot find them. I have mine inclined about 10 degrees and they are sitting right next to and downstream of the original bungs.

Yeah, i know what you mean. ARH should have made the headers correctly for what they charge. But no biggie, at least there is a solution that works.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel