The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

cj intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Steve you have 11,000 track miles on the car? Wow... Very impressive. Makes me more happy I went with the mustang.

I'm hoping that by the time my warranty runs out in 3.5 years all these awesome go faster parts will be nice and cheap for me :)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I have so much traq mate lap data I've almost filled a 2GB drive. Gonna do an accurate lap count for each track I've driven. In 2010 and early 2011 I had a Gtech and will check those files too.
Car is a beast and still runs great with no oil consumption at all. Squirters FTW 8)
Steve

gr8 info guys !! :D

so why or when do engine oil pans needs to be changed ??

i just dont know whats the purpose of changing them.

And thnx

NFSBOSS said:
Any spacer or thick washer should work but you don't really need it regardless.

I don't think there's a real answer to your second question and the race cars to 8,200+ on springs. I wouldn't go beyond 7,900 on stock springs. Ask Shaun at AED what he thinks.

My point is that installing different cams and valves/springs and make additional HP so if that's what you're after include those upgrades.

I use stock Boss springs and shift at 7200 or so, only hitting 7800 accidentally or if I really need to stretch a gear. With Livernois springs I would not be worried about 8200 all the time, 8500 on downshifts. Hydraulic bases on the finger followers may not like that, but hell get solid ones.

TMO Supporting Vendors