The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Clutch replacement and sct x' crank relearn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Jacksonville, FL
Just replaced OEM clutch and flywheel on my 2017 GT with a Clutch Masters 350FX stage 2 clutch and lightened (13lbs) steel flywheel. Immediately started throwing P300,04,07 misfire codes (cylinders 4 and 7). Mechanic who did the work for me is very good and had no idea why the misfires. I changed the spark plugs (needed to anyway) and swapped ignition coils 4 and 7 to see what would happen. No change, same misfires on 4 and 7. Jumped on the forum and came across this post and mentioned it to him. He was skeptical since he claims he's never had to do any adjustments after a clutch install, that said he works primarily on Porsches. Took quite a bit of sleuthing around his Atul scan tool but finally found the crank relearn function. That fixed it! This saved a lot of time and energy. TY for sharing!

What if I need to a crank relearn but can’t get the sct tuner sent to me because it’s not legal in California?
Dealer can do this, but I am sure they will charge you to do so. Takes less than a minute to do. If you can find someone local you could use their tuner even though it is not paired to your car. I used a friends of mine even though it was paired to his car.

Dealer can do this, but I am sure they will charge you to do so. Takes less than a minute to do. If you can find someone local you could use their tuner even though it is not paired to your car. I used a friends of mine even though it was paired to his car.
Thank you so much you earned me some sleep this morning, so it can be any tuner then? Right?

And I can take off the check engine light as well right?

thanks 67GTA
What if I need to a crank relearn but can’t get the sct tuner sent to me because it’s not legal in California?
the People's Republik of Kalifornia... don't you have a family member outside of the state?

Also, thanks 67GTA, that was some good info for us old school guys

TMO Supporting Vendors