Copied this from the Bama Performance support page:Hi
i repalce stock clutch by exedy stage 3 with new flywheel last week.
I was expecting to made the crank relearn with the sct tool but nothing appears on the dash...
Does someone faced same situation??
Is that possible?
OK, I have the tool, I will made it as soon as I can access the car. We are confined in our houses so no access to the car yet but hope this will end in te next weeks.You may get away without doing the relearn. I was fine.....until I went into limp mode on the back straight at VIR. That will get your heart racing in traffic.
Go ahead and do the process if you have the tool.
Thanks really usefulCopied this from the Bama Performance support page:
The Crank Relearn or Crank Position Relearn is not something that needs to be done too often and is more common for Manual Transmission Vehicles. On the 2011+ Mustangs you will need to use this function if you have replaced the clutch on a manual or for automatics if the trans has been removed for service. We have also seen occurrences on the 2015+ Mustangs where this is needed after loading a tune file. Lets go over the steps for doing this.
1. Go into the Vehicle Functions option.
2. Then select Special Functions and you will be prompted to turn the key on and continue.
3. From here select the option for Crank Relearn.
4. You will get a Notice about doing this procedure after certain engine repairs, select Continue.
5. Then follow the steps, Step 1 - Make sure no DTC's are present, if non continue. If there are DTC's you would need to clear them first (Clear DTC's).
6. Step 2 - Return rev limiters to stock. This is not always the case and you can Continue.
7. Step 3 - Start and Idle Engine. Keep the car in neutral and let the engine get to operating temp.
8. Step 4 - Make sure all accessories like A/C, Defroster are turned off.
Yes, the instructions above are for the SCT4. The crank relearn won’t affect your existing tune - you should be able to leave your rev limiter where it’s set and just follow the instructions on the screen. There’s nothing different about the install of the CJ pulse ring - they’re indexed to only fit one way. Just make sure its completely flush with the crank flange. Take a close look at the position of the stock pulse ring as you remove it and you’ll be able to tell where the CJ ring needs to be for a proper fit.I’m replacing my clutch, flywheel, and doing the CobraJet pulse ring as well.
1) are there any things to look out for to make the install / crank relearn procedure go smooth with the addition of the CJ pulse ring?
2) will this crank relearn affect in anyway my existing tune( my rev limiter is set now to 8k and would like to keep things as is) ?
3) Do the BAMA instructions posted above apply to using the sct4 tuner