The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom side exhaust for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason said:
Thats exactly what I want the side pipes on my BOSS to look like. The twins look sweet, and I bet they would sound magnificent.

They looked awesome and yes they sounded way cool. No plastic melting etc, no issues other than they rattled sometimes when going over large bumps.

BOSSPOWER said:
Overkill bro ;-)

Dude our cars in general are overkill

I prefer the looks of the single sides. I have two banks of cylinders, two exhaust manifolds and two pipes that exit the rear through two mufflers (each with a single pipe). One of the things that really attracted me (and still does) to the Boss is the fact that it's a purpose built car with minimal fluff. Dual side pipes (on each side) seem like fluff to me. But hey, what do I know?

I don't know about overkill. There are people Modding the crap out of their suspension, wings, hoods, faux gas caps, rear valences, upper and lower grills, shifters, guages, intakes, tunes,wheels and tires, wings, complete exhaust etc and all on their limited edition ( in Canada) $50,000 plus Mustangs. I think an extra exhaust outlet on the only production car offering side exhaust, which is easily reversable, isn't overkill. But that's just my opinion. To each his own i guess?

I'd prefer one pipe but two would be cool if you're into the NASCAR look.

Drivers-test-2013-cars-at-Talladega.jpg

Ok, I'm back. I don't know what happened to this thread. Somebody said my videos were theirs I think. I don't know I'm confused. Anyway if you go back and read the first post and look at my videos that is what I'm working on. I'm having a problem keeping the price down because of the cost of stainless and the good mandrel bends. If I wanted to do regular bends, you know the ones that kinda crinkle one side, then I could have had them all done by now at a descent price. I still have a couple options I'm looking at but if I have to sell them at $600.00 a set like Kooks does I'm not going to do it. I don't think you guys want to pay that. My design is much better than Kooks and they bolt right up. Sound and look awesome. Kooks side pipes don't fit. I've been talking with them myself just this morning. Just wanted to let you guys know where I'm at on these. I'm looking at some different sources so I can get the price down and still have a very high quality easy bolt on no rattles set of side pipes.

As it stands right now I can't do it for 350 as I thought. The parts are way more than expected. I can do it for 595.00 same price as kooks. Maybe a little less but not much less. I'll be using kooks tips so they will look just like in my videos. They will be a much better design than kooks. The only reason I was holding off was to try and get them cheaper. I could possibly use the existing flex pipe and save about 60 or. 70 bucks a set. Everyone would have to be willing to cut the spot weld on the clamp just past the factory flex pipe and send me the whole end piece including the flange . It would be simple to do. Otherwise I have to buy those pieces which are about 70 bucks a set. Each pipe will be hand fitted to my own boss so you can be sure they will bolt right up and have no rattles. I can go either way right now. Are you guys still in at & $595 a set? It would be about $530.00 a set with you sending me the end piece from your factory sides.

Since I will be doing these by hand, one at a time I can pretty much do whatever you guys want. I can buy everything I need in sets of ten. I can go with this ASAP if you guys are still in at that price . If not I will try and figure some other way. . The prices I quoted are a very close estimate as I haven't made any purchases yet but I can promise you they will not be more than that. Maybe a little cheaper if at all possible.
Let me know .

NeuRon

2012 500A #1626
Price is ok with me but clearance is a concern. Mine's a stock-height DD and I enjoy having no abnormal issues with clearance.

I'd love the side-pipes to be in oval-elliptical or flat-elliptical and don't really care to have the tips visible. I just want better sound quality and quantity. Would like to still be able to run discs/baffles or cut-outs. $60-$80 for a built-in flex section is fine with me. Rather it be a bolt-in affair without cutting original pipes. And would love the attention to detail to avoid rattles!

Not asking or expecting you to accommodate in your design, just expressing concerns about clearance as others have. Seems elliptical pipes would alleviate that concern. As for tips, if the pipes were space-saving elliptical I'd be fine having visible/protruding tips cut off and more stock-like tips welded on myself. Again, clearance concerns (yes, I'm being very cautious in this regard).

Shipping will vary with distance from TN. About $25.00 for tn and surrounding states. I'd need more specific address to give a better estimate. They weigh about 25lbs a set

TMO Supporting Vendors