The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

December at Daytona is Open !!!

Here is a summary of your order, thanks for shopping with us!

Order Number xxxxx
Items Ordered
-----------------
December 2-3, 2011 - Sponsored by:Sports Car Driving Experience
Location: Daytona International Speedway
Date: Saturday, December 3 2011
QTY:1
Item Total: $825.00

I am doing two days, anyone else going? Full course run.

http://www.hookedondriving.com/

Sign up is a little weird, one day only is Friday, two day is Fri and Sat, three day is Fri, Sat and Sun. So you can not get a two day for the weekend or one day of Sunday. Anyway looking forward to this one ;D ;D ;D
 
So this is the high speed oval? That would be cool.
 
ArizonaGT said:
$825 for two days, good God!

Unrelated note, I wasn't aware that there are two bus-stop configurations. Interesting.

I don't think 400 and change is bad for maybe the best know track in the world? It costs 300 to go on much lesser tracks and Daytona has to be north of $35,000 a day to rent. I had hoped there would be more of a discount for multi day sign-ups but I am happy. I doubt I could go three days out there, I hear it not easy on the banks and I am not in top shape so the two days will be good.

I think some people who can only go for the weekend will end up having to pay for Friday anyway. This was not a HOD policy but the Audi club wanted it. Still the amount of track time will be well worth it. Every event HOD has stayed on schedule and they make sure you get your time out there.

Hope to see some other Bosses there.
 
1,255
0
GA
This is a similar setup to what they run at Charlotte MS. NASA-SE just had a track weekend there this past weekend. The HPDE was a great buy at $265 for the weekend- I'm sorry I missed it. My next track weekend will be at Roebling Road near Savannah, GA on Labor Day.
 
1,255
0
GA
2012YellowBoss said:
PJWANNABE said:
The HPDE was a great buy at $265 for the weekend

Wow, you could go to jail for signing up for that steal! How much track time do you get?

Not a whole lot. At NASA events you usually only get 4 twenty minute sessions per day, so a total of 2 hours 40 minutes.
 
PJWANNABE said:
Not a whole lot. At NASA events you usually only get 4 twenty minute sessions per day, so a total of 2 hours 40 minutes.

That is not a whole lot of time and I am sure twenty minutes flys by. Long days for four sessions but still the price is right and I would love to run that track also. I normally get five 25 or 30 minutes sessions plus an open 30 minute at the end with passing rules at local tracks. Daytona will be four 30 minute sessions per day and I am not sure about any open sessions at the end.
 
1,255
0
GA
2012YellowBoss said:
PJWANNABE said:
Not a whole lot. At NASA events you usually only get 4 twenty minute sessions per day, so a total of 2 hours 40 minutes.

That is not a whole lot of time and I am sure twenty minutes flys by. Long days for four sessions but still the price is right and I would love to run that track also. I normally get five 25 or 30 minutes sessions plus an open 30 minute at the end with passing rules at local tracks. Daytona will be four 30 minute sessions per day and I am not sure about any open sessions at the end.

The main reason for the shorter track time at NASA events is that there is just so much going on all day between HPDE, time trials, and races. On some tracks they can't race so you get more track time at those events.
 
That is why I love HOD so much, fits me perfect. Have not seen anyone upset (no racing) and I have always had a great day with them. Down here there are at least one or two days a month at Sebring, Homestead or PBIR. Its all about time out on the track.
 

jas427

BOSS LS #469
I signed up with the Audi Club. Been lucky to drive Daytona 3 times over the passed few years. Its allways a good time. Hope my Boss gets here in time. I did get my Vin # a few days ago. If not I 'll be running the Super Snake. Hope more boss drivers show up. I'll see you there YellowBoss.
 

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Maybe I can do this. This is something I can drive to and from the track to in the same day if I wanted. Just gotta get the wife on board.
 
jas427 said:
I signed up with the Audi Club. Been lucky to drive Daytona 3 times over the passed few years. Its allways a good time. Hope my Boss gets here in time. I did get my Vin # a few days ago. If not I 'll be running the Super Snake. Hope more boss drivers show up. I'll see you there YellowBoss.

Did they say anything about space left? I asked Henry about that two weeks ago and there were very few spots left.

Good to know there will be other Bosses out there.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top