The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Did the Zaino Treatment today (pics inside)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
ace72ace said:
yeah I know, lenses are nasty! gonna order the kit right now.
I have used it on the avenger and it works great. I use the blue magic headlight sealer stuff to keep them from turning yellow again so fast.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
You're gonna have to get some Marvel Comic 'The Avengers' stickers and other bling to dress up your daily driver. heh.

Justin

ace72ace said:
You're gonna have to get some Marvel Comic 'The Avengers' stickers and other bling to dress up your daily driver. heh.
lol that would be funny. I want to find something like "Rather be Driving my Boss"

Ok update on zaino order, did the plastic bag trick on my Boss, I was shocked to feel the paint, but then I went over to my 67 Sunbeam and gave her a feel, I'm going to need some therapy after touching my cars. Placed a order with Zaino and Adams, thank you 2511 for the discount code at Adams.

ace72ace

I think Justin (boss2511) gets commission! Just ordered adams pad starter kit, wife's '11 too swirled up to waste my elbow grease with the zaino right away. Will first put the PC to some good use with today's order;

SKU: Product Quantity Price Ext. Price

B2000 Adam's Porter Cable Polishing Pad Kit 1 $59.95 $59.95

D005 Adam's Swirl & Haze Remover Polish-16 oz. 1 $24.95 $24.95

That discount code is great cause it makes the shipping free.

Gonna be rainy tomorrow, will take some pics of the beading on the Merc. If the weather is nice this weekend I'll tackle the wife's car. I must say I really like the polish pads you get with the zaino kit, do a great job of applying an even coat and spreading it around. The mixing bottle cleans out nicely with hot water and a little Dawn. Washed out the pad as well with hot water, and wrapped it in paper towels and able to reuse it the next day.

On a hunch I had bought an extra spray bottle, and sure enough used it as the lubricant for the Clay Bar step, 1/2 capfull of z7 wash per 16oz water. Worked perfectly as the clay did the job, but it wasn't too bad as I had done a 'clay job' on the Merc last summer when I first bought it.

Justin

lol I wish I got commission. Boss hasnt been out of the garage since sat. I have now been tasked with doing my GF's car as she told me the boss is getting to much attention. lol. going to go full adams route on it see how that route goes.

98RedGT

2012 #552
thanks a lot boss2511, I am now addicted to Zaino :) . 3rd car in 7 days, don't know where I find the time. But as soon as I get home if there is a car without mirror finish I feel like it has to be treated to Zaino.

should have pictures of the Boss tomorrow if the weather cooperates and I can take it out.

Justin

4dRacer said:
thanks a lot boss2511, I am now addicted to Zaino :) . 3rd car in 7 days, don't know where I find the time. But as soon as I get home if there is a car without mirror finish I feel like it has to be treated to Zaino.

should have pictures of the Boss tomorrow if the weather cooperates and I can take it out.
lol your welcome. I think its the easy product to get show car results with in a day.

ace72ace

4dRacer said:

Looking forward to seeing Yellow Blaze with Zaino on it.

ace72ace

BOOOYAAAH!!! Nice. How many hours? What did you mix the zfx with? z2 or z5?

Beautiful scenery, where is it?

DSC07037.jpg

98RedGT

2012 #552
ace72ace said:

Total it was about 9-10 hours, I did it in 3 steps over 4 days. Dawn wash, clay bar, z7 wash last Saturday night. Rained like crazy on Sunday so it just set in the garage. Monday night I cleaned it with z6 and then applied z-aio, z6, z5 w/zfx, z6, z5 w/zfx, z6, z2. Tuesday lunch I took off z2 touched up with z6 and then put on z-cs. Let z-cs sit overnight. Wednesday morning before work I applied z8.

On the Boss I used zfx with z5 and not with z2 but only because z2 was applied very late at night so I just let it cure overnight. It took about 15 hours for it to cure, must have been humid. On the GT I used zfx with both z5 and z2, not sure it really makes any difference just depends on time available.

All of this is thanks to Boss2511 and rest of you guys on here for answering my numerous questions. Without his instructions and detailed out steps it probably would not have turned out as well. The Zaino instructions are good but it's nice when somebody has gone through the process and gives you all the details, like letting z-cs sit overnight and applying very very little of it.

Justin

4dRacer said:
ace72ace said:

Total it was about 9-10 hours, I did it in 3 steps over 4 days. Dawn wash, clay bar, z7 wash last Saturday night. Rained like crazy on Sunday so it just set in the garage. Monday night I cleaned it with z6 and then applied z-aio, z6, z5 w/zfx, z6, z5 w/zfx, z6, z2. Tuesday lunch I took off z2 touched up with z6 and then put on z-cs. Let z-cs sit overnight. Wednesday morning before work I applied z8.

On the Boss I used zfx with z5 and not with z2 but only because z2 was applied very late at night so I just let it cure overnight. It took about 15 hours for it to cure, must have been humid. On the GT I used zfx with both z5 and z2, not sure it really makes any difference just depends on time available.

All of this is thanks to Boss2511 and rest of you guys on here for answering my numerous questions. Without his instructions and detailed out steps it probably would not have turned out as well. The Zaino instructions are good but it's nice when somebody has gone through the process and gives you all the details, like letting z-cs sit overnight and applying very very little of it.
Glad I could help and any time you have a question just let me know ;)

98RedGT

2012 #552
Scenery is a nature center her in town that is about 700 acres preserve of man made lakes and lots of grown trees. There is a golf course that's part of it as well but didn't think they would let me "drive" up on the green for some pictures :)

TMO Supporting Vendors