The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Different Oil Separator Installations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thinking about getting an oil separator on the passenger side... Was wondering if anyone had any opinions about JLT versus Moroso...The Moroso looks more durable and I like the fact that is has all metal fittings. Looks like you might run into less problems with it breaking... Any thoughts? (I know the Moroso is a little more expensive, but I'd rather pay a little more if it's going to last longer. I heard though that I might need to replace those"heater hoses" as they're not really designed to withstand oil)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Los Angeles
Thought I would respond and provide some clarification and gauge the interest in having brackets made

1) Material - If I make them they would be made out of steel, not aluminum, and not SS. More than likely it would be 12ga, i will see how the look and feel, might even go down to 14ga. If wanted I can powder coat them in either black, red, or leave them raw

2) Design - The design that I was planning on making was the original design that I believe someone posted a drawing for. I have the dimensions and specs from Ricky. Which looks similar to this, which I believe is a no drill bracket/attachment
View attachment 35843
Re: Different Oil Separator Installations
View attachment 35844
View attachment 35845

I created my own design, which I was not planning on making. Mine did require drilling 2 holes. It is a little more heavy duty, and again is made from sheet metal

View attachment 35846

View attachment 35847

View attachment 35848

View attachment 35849

I have had zero issues with this, and really no chance of it breaking. If there is interest in this one I can make it as well.

So what I am needing to know for those interested in the brackets, and reading what I posted about the material and design(s). Is the interest still there, and what design, or type of bracket do you want?
Where can I get one of these bracket?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Los Angeles
Thought I would respond and provide some clarification and gauge the interest in having brackets made

1) Material - If I make them they would be made out of steel, not aluminum, and not SS. More than likely it would be 12ga, i will see how the look and feel, might even go down to 14ga. If wanted I can powder coat them in either black, red, or leave them raw

2) Design - The design that I was planning on making was the original design that I believe someone posted a drawing for. I have the dimensions and specs from Ricky. Which looks similar to this, which I believe is a no drill bracket/attachment
View attachment 35843
View attachment 35844
View attachment 35845

I created my own design, which I was not planning on making. Mine did require drilling 2 holes. It is a little more heavy duty, and again is made from sheet metal

View attachment 35846

View attachment 35847

View attachment 35848

View attachment 35849

I have had zero issues with this, and really no chance of it breaking. If there is interest in this one I can make it as well.

So what I am needing to know for those interested in the brackets, and reading what I posted about the material and design(s). Is the interest still there, and what design, or type of bracket do you want?

I meant this bracket.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel