The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Does anyone really like the " Gotta have it Green?"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I went to NAIAS two days ago and saw the GHiG in person; OMG I love it ! Specialty cars like the B302 need to have a few choices of very vibrant, very vivid, improperly head-turning colors; whether it's a color that most people hate or love is not the issue. The competition orange belongs to this category and the grabber blue is another.

Below is a picture of GHiG B302 I took using my phone. I thought it captured the color (looked vividly acidic green on my phone) but as it turned out it's very hard to capture the essence. It's also a pearl paint with a flaky, golden sheen. It needs to be appreciated in person under the right lighting.

Photo0432.jpg

POS VETT said:
I went to NAIAS two days ago and saw the GHiG in person; OMG I love it ! Specialty cars like the B302 need to have a few choices of very vibrant, very vivid, improperly head-turning colors; whether it's a color that most people hate or love is not the issue. The competition orange belongs to this category and the grabber blue is another.

Below is a picture of GHiG B302 I took using my phone. I thought it captured the color (looked vividly acidic green on my phone) but as it turned out it's very hard to capture the essence. It's also a pearl paint with a flaky, golden sheen. It needs to be appreciated in person under the right lighting.

I went to the Detroit Show yesterday & I agree with the above, the color is not for me personally, but the color combo does look good in person. This is one of those colors that you have to see in person, because the pictures don't really show how it really looks. They also had the Black LS up on its side so you could view the underside and a SBY LS in a display. That SBY looked the best IMO.

Wow this photo looks way better than others I've seen. I think this is one of those colors that must be seen in person like Yellow Blaze.

POS VETT said:

BLAZN BOSS

Yellow Blaze was obvious............this is questionable. You either like it or you dont.

ufnavy06 said:
PJWANNABE said:
ufnavy06 said:
Yeah, not a fan of that color.

I bet you're such a lifer that you would buy it in haze gray if you could. ;) :p

Nah, I'd pass on that too. Now, if it were like the Blue Angels Mustang, I think I could live with Navy colors....
Navy colors - yes and with gold graphics....swwwweeeeet!

Gonna have to see it in person. It looks good in some pics, and bad in others. The blaze yellow I didn't like until I saw it in person, guy I kind of know at a dealership got on in stock and called me to see if I wanted it a while back. I said no, then recently saw one on the street and kicked myself for saying no until I found the white one.

GA
CaliMR said:
Gonna have to see it in person. It looks good in some pics, and bad in others. The blaze yellow I didn't like until I saw it in person, guy I kind of know at a dealership got on in stock and called me to see if I wanted it a while back. I said no, then recently saw one on the street and kicked myself for saying no until I found the white one.

I'm not a fan of white cars but the white Boss does look sharp.

BLAZN BOSS

CaliMR said:
I'm a fan of cars that are easy to clean ;D
amen!...............and that surley isnt black, and dark blues......From all the cars I've owned white is the easiest..........wouldnt think so.

98RedGT

2012 #552
BLAZN BOSS said:
CaliMR said:
amen!...............and that surley isnt black, and dark blues......From all the cars I've owned white is the easiest..........wouldnt think so.

I have found silver and grey to also be easy to keep clean

FWMPOIW (for what my personal opinion is worth), I was at the Detroit Auto show this week. They had the school bus yellow prominently dispalyed under a lot of lights and also had a green model (the car - not the other beauties) on display. I looked intently at each car color and made a comparison. The yellow was unquestionably more 'grabbing' than the green. It may just have been in the presentation. Sorry, no fotos.

4dRacer said:
BLAZN BOSS said:
CaliMR said:

I have found silver and grey to also be easy to keep clean

I agree 100% on Silver. I had a silver and white F-250 and the silver was the best color for not showing dirt.

TMO Supporting Vendors