The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Drive Shaft bolt torque

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Install the new Dynotech Driveshaft today, shear bolts 25 ft lbs, M 10 SHCS bolts into billet flange 25ft lbs as per there instructions, no torque value for the Transmission flange bolts in there instructions.So I phone a Ford dealers, he tells me 41 ft lbs,droped into another dealer just to check, he tells me 41 ft lbs.I ask him to print off the information, has 2013 Mustang at the top of the sheet,then 5.8L ( 4v) and a picture showing something that looks nothing like my Transmision output shaft flange.I have looked on many sites and most say 76 ft lbs,can someone please confirm the proper torque on these four bolts.I can't trust Ford.Thanks.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi

I installed an AE Aluminum DS and I could only find the 2011 GT 5.0L spec on the transmission output shaft bolt torque and it was 76 ft lbs. I also torqued them first to 50 ft lbs then up to 76 ft lbs. Torque them in an "X" pattern.

Use Blue Loctite on the bolt threads.

Lots of techs here, so I'm sure someone will post the actual Ford Service Manual procedure for you. But you'll be fine.

Good luck,
Dave

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=751&viewfile=Driveshaft%20-%205.0L%20and%205.4L.pdf

41 at the diff end (were you using the original CV--just go with the dynotech supplied figures)

76 at the tranny end

Thanks,I torque them to 76 ft bs. but they did not move thread locker has set up. I suppose I would need to start over to do it properly, but they are definitly tight.Torque to 42 ft lbs first time .

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel