DSC Sport Suspension Tuning for MRC

Discussion in 'Suspension and Chassis' started by VoodooBoss, Jan 29, 2016.

1. HextallS550

HextallS550 TMO Intermediate

Not after all the other stuff I’ve done, lol

2. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Yes that's a big advantage.

3. HextallS550

HextallS550 TMO Intermediate

Looked into this a little further after I picked up a GT350 cluster for $100 and the steering wheel switches from the GT350 with and without MR. The steering column module is the same between the 350 ang GT. There is one line of as built data related to the buttons orientation. I changed it and the switches worked perfectly. the IP cluster was a direct swap, I simply changed the menu layout to reflect the fact that I don't currently have MR or AEV. I will still need to have the mileage programmed. I was able to find the area of the as built data that differentiates between MR and non-MR cars. It's pretty straight forward. The last hurdle is the ABS Module. In 2017, at least, Ford used the same ABS module in the GT350 and GTPP. This makes me think that fitting MagneRide onto a 15-17 GT is indeed possible by adding the dynamic control module, the dampers, suspension ride height sensors and the brake pad wear sensors. My next step is to ID the connectors on the various sensors and dampers. Normally all I need are some hi-res pics and I can ID most Ford connectors.

DocWalt likes this.
  4. Chillindrdude

Chillindrdude TMO Intermediate

Anyone give me a hand?

I've got Ford Performance springs and Eibach Sways....the current DSC Sport firmware makes the car bouncy. I have yet to take the car on track.

In both comfort and sport, the ride feels floaty over undulations and road imperfections. The car does not have that planted feeling. For example going over a dip at speed, the compression is delayed and the rebound not damped enough. It feels like it needs less compression damping and more rebound.

Does anyone have a stable program they can send me to try?

Thanks

5. rocket71

rocket71 TMO Beginner

That is a known base tune issue. I'm drawing a blank on the details but if you call DSC they have an updated tune. Or if I remember correctly, you bump the range of lower end of the shock range 100ma. Also, turning up the g-comfort setting helps.

When I first got mine, I thought it was broke. Speed bump the car would just bounce.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

6. Chillindrdude

Chillindrdude TMO Intermediate

So did you simply download the new file from their website?

Any way you can send me your pdt file?

7. rocket71

rocket71 TMO Beginner

No, I called and talked to Tom and he told me about the issue. I would send send the one he sent me but I can't find it in my email.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk