The Mustang Forum for Track Enthusiasts

Track Mustangs Online was built specifically for those who track their Mustangs!

SN95 DSG New Edge-blown 4.6 to Coyote! Build Thread Profile - SN95 Mustangs

Anti

TMO Intermediate
Somewhere
The first good bump on the first video was nuts! Lol You have that 5.hoe sounding good too! I generally don't like the sound of them. I am pro coyote, but not pro sound for the coyotes. Lol As for the driving, I can't comment as you are further along than me. :)

KUKeeper30

TMO Intermediate
MI
The first good bump on the first video was nuts! Lol You have that 5.hoe sounding good too! I generally don't like the sound of them. I am pro coyote, but not pro sound for the coyotes. Lol As for the driving, I can't comment as you are further along than me. :)

Appreciate the compliments. Also am inclined to agree with you on the sound. Stock for stock, I appreciate the sound of a New Edge more than a base Coyote. If every base Coyote sounded like a Boss from the factory, I think the world would be a better place....

Since this particular coyote is breathing through a standard New Edge cat-back and long-tubes, I tend to think that's mainly why it sounds how it sounds.

Interesting enough, I had a few comments on how quiet the car was from the outside, even full-tilt on the straight. Means good things for pass-by, but would love to get some of the dB's out of the interior (better sealing on firewall holes as well as in trunk.)

KUKeeper30

TMO Intermediate
MI
Another event, another awesome weekend of time trials with SCCA at Gingerman Raceway.

Improved from my PB of 1:43.9 last year, down to 1:43.1 this year. Saturday was a great day of dry track, Sunday was a great wet day of remembering how to drive in the wet. 2:02.3 wet lap time, good enough for second-fastest time in that particular session.

The car ran great, the new spring and shock settings allowed the car to feel much more buttoned-down (no more lifting wheels through T9!) and allowed me to more-confidently place the car at-speed.

Here's a couple pictures:

DSC_0085.JPGDSC_0250.JPG

In addition, some video footage:

Car came home in one piece, just have a few tweaks to do and check fluids, then it's ready for the next event in early August. Going to try some lightly-used Pirelli DH slicks for the next event, now that I have a bit more seat time in the car on various 200TW tires.

The laps above (and some slightly faster laps not on video) were good enough to get a 3rd-in-class finish overall in the event, very happy with how the car feels so far.

Anti

TMO Intermediate
Somewhere
Another event, another awesome weekend of time trials with SCCA at Gingerman Raceway.

Improved from my PB of 1:43.9 last year, down to 1:43.1 this year. Saturday was a great day of dry track, Sunday was a great wet day of remembering how to drive in the wet. 2:02.3 wet lap time, good enough for second-fastest time in that particular session.

The car ran great, the new spring and shock settings allowed the car to feel much more buttoned-down (no more lifting wheels through T9!) and allowed me to more-confidently place the car at-speed.

Here's a couple pictures:

View attachment 55889View attachment 55890

In addition, some video footage:

Car came home in one piece, just have a few tweaks to do and check fluids, then it's ready for the next event in early August. Going to try some lightly-used Pirelli DH slicks for the next event, now that I have a bit more seat time in the car on various 200TW tires.

The laps above (and some slightly faster laps not on video) were good enough to get a 3rd-in-class finish overall in the event, very happy with how the car feels so far.

I like seeing mustangs catch vettes. :) I am sure they don't expect that new edge to be that fast. Lol

Also, nice save in the wet!

KUKeeper30

TMO Intermediate
MI
Working on a few items to aid in cooling:

-Finally installing a water temp gauge (top water)

-Boxing in the rad and oil cooler to fascia openings

-Found a decent deal on a DSG Terminator Cobra hood, feel better about this route as compared to cutting up the car's existing hood. This will hopefully get some of the hot air out of the engine bay.

Will add pictures as these mini-projects are completed. Waterford Hills next (the track I run hot at most consistently, so will be anxious to see if these items make a huge difference).

KUKeeper30

TMO Intermediate
MI
I like seeing mustangs catch vettes. :) I am sure they don't expect that new edge to be that fast. Lol
That Vette and I were extremely well-matched throughout the weekend. He was running mid-1:43's (1:43.4, I believe), my best was 1:43.1. Then in the wet, his best was 2:02.8 while I managed a 2:02.4. Though he was probably cruising around with a/c and could actually hear himself think...

Definitely huge credit to the car and the fairly-new RS4's I had brought out in case of rain (I don't think the nearly-done Falken's would ave done as well in the rain.)

PatientZero

TMO Advanced
Kansas City, Missouri
Autocross
10-20 Years
Working on a few items to aid in cooling:
-Found a decent deal on a DSG Terminator Cobra hood, feel better about this route as compared to cutting up the car's existing hood. This will hopefully get some of the hot air out of the engine bay.
I have a brand new set of Trackspec Motorsports hood louvers for the Cobra hood if you're interested. I bought them for mine but ended up making my own instead.

KUKeeper30

TMO Intermediate
MI
Quick update before the weekend, a more thorough write-up will happen later...

-Water temp gauge installed.. easiest way to do it with what I had available was to add a collar on the upper rad hose. This meant running an additional ground wire, but no biggie. Function-checked, it works good. Can finally keep an eye on water and oil temps.

-Termi hood delivered, it has a few chips on the leading edge (knew this before commited to purchasing it). Hoping this will help with some of the overheating issues noticed. Fitting it this weekend, hoping it will be straightforward.

IMG_7529.jpg

-Will quickly remove the front fascia to see if I can figure out some side deflectors to box in the rad and oil cooler, this will also compliment the termi hood.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel