The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Engine light with P0155 code

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I tried looking at other threads before starting this but it looked like all others cars had been modified.
Took a couple days off last week and really cleaned the Boss up with a wash/clay bar & wax. Of course as soon as I backed out of the driveway I noticed the engine light on. I drove it a couple hundred miles over the weekend to the Tehachapi mountains up by Bakersfield and could tell the power was down and it idled a little different. I had Pep Boys pull the code yesterday(P0155). I did some research and tells me it is the 02 sensor bank 2 sensor 1. Found it after jacking the car up and nothing looks obvious as far as loose. The car is completely stock except for a K & N filter. 55,000 miles of fun street driving with no track time. This is the second engine with the first tanking at 21k ( warped cylinder head warranty replacement).

Anyone else have the issue with a stock car this soon? From what I read they should last around 100k.

Anything else that may trigger this besides the sensor?

I will probably just buy 1 and replace it. Not cheap though. Just hope the other 3 don't decide to give up.

I had the same, theres a lot of stuff on her in the powertrain section, you can read all about it, I had the code once, cleared it and its never come back YET

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel