The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fire suppression system..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
I will take a look Monday when I go pass by the shop. Not sure what a flop tube is but will google it now..

my kit is as in the picture below..

C3NOVnKXAAAKKO3.jpg

I will take a look Monday when I go pass by the shop. Not sure what a flop tube is but will google it now..

my kit is as in the picture below..

it's like a fuel pickup, it basically "flops" around the tanks to scavenge the contents. But if the shop says vertical , then install it vertically. Being that short, it shouldn't be that much of an issue.
I would aske them why upside down? there should be either a flop tube or a straight tube inside the bottle, so side or upright. I can't find any recommendations on that. I personally can't recall one mounted "upside down". and our stuff is FIA.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hmm... When I shake the tank around I can hear something "flopping" around inside.... Well I asked the shop why the wanted it vertical, the answer was because they always say that for all the extinguishers....o_O, Did not leave me with a warm feeling....

But I did get it wrong before, they meant right way up (lost in translation).

I know it's more work, but if it were me, I'd make half the system blue and half red, that way if there is some kind of stoppage, you'd still have 50% of the system functioning. also make darn sure you inspect those lines often, although aluminum is light, they have a habit of fracturing due to vibration.
The 2 to the fuel tank need to be under the car, you can use a bulkhead fitting for that to pierce the floor, same with the firewall.

bulkhead fitting..

61O8hqXl.png

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors