The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Fitment question: will 18x10.5" et 38mm fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if 18x10.5 et 38mm wheels (square) will fit properly on my '13 Boss? Will I have either brake clearance and/or fender rubbing issues? I see that most people run ~42mm and higher offsets so I'm wondering if the 38mm will fit poorly.

Thanks!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That is what I run on my race car. Enkei PF01 18x10.5 +38.

They will poke out of the rear fender about 1/2 inch on each side. They will fit under the front with camber (I am running -3 to -4 degrees, which will kill street tires), but you may need to roll your fenders depending on what tire size you want to run.

You may also need to run a small spacer in the front depending on your tire selection, in which case I recommend you install the ford racing front hubs w/ ARP studs.

ArizonaBOSS said:
That is what I run on my race car. Enkei PF01 18x10.5 +38.

They will poke out of the rear fender about 1/2 inch on each side. They will fit under the front with camber (I am running -3 to -4 degrees, which will kill street tires), but you may need to roll your fenders depending on what tire size you want to run.

You may also need to run a small spacer in the front depending on your tire selection, in which case I recommend you install the ford racing front hubs w/ ARP studs.

Thanks! The wheels I am being offered are the exact ones - Enkei PF01. He also has a set of Enkei RPF1 in 18x9.5 et 45mm. Any chance these would be a better choice?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
This statement only applies to the PF01, not the RPF1: The 9.5s will fit properly under the fenders but they have fatigue issues from track use where the spokes crack. We haven't seen this on the 10.5s.

If you are mostly street driving, this should not be a concern.

ArizonaBOSS said:
The 9.5s will fit properly under the fenders but they have fatigue issues from track use where the spokes crack. We haven't seen this on the 10.5s.

If you are mostly street driving, this should not be a concern.

Fatigue issues are specific to the 9.5" width, or to the RPF1 model? These would be dedicated track wheels, so likely very little street use.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Sorry guys, I misread the post. The RPF1s are not affected by the fatigue issues, as far as we are aware. That is only with the 9.5" versions of the PF01.

With the RPF1 you will have to check to make sure they clear your Brembos in the front (side of caliper to back side of spokes). I think Vorshlag has tried to get these on their Brembo GT in the past but couldn't make it work. Maybe if you use a spacer and ARP studs.

@modernbeat can you update the test history on the RPF1 on a Brembo S197?

ArizonaBOSS said:
Sorry guys, I misread the post. The RPF1s are not affected by the fatigue issues, as far as we are aware. That is only with the 9.5" versions of the PF01.

With the RPF1 you will have to check to make sure they clear your Brembos in the front (side of caliper to back side of spokes). I think Vorshlag has tried to get these on their Brembo GT in the past but couldn't make it work. Maybe if you use a spacer and ARP studs.

@modernbeat can you update the test history on the RPF1 on a Brembo S197?

Thanks for the clarification @ArizonaBOSS ! So with the two options, 18x10.5 et 38mm PF01s and 18x9.5 et 45mm RPF1s, it seems neither will work without slight modification. I'd definitely prefer the PF01s but don't really want to roll my fenders, especially if I don't run as much from camber as your race car. Hopefully @modernbeat can chime in and confirm whether the RPF01s will work in 18x9.5 et 45mm. I wouldn't mind running a thin spacer up front, but would really like to avoid any additional work to the car of possible.

I would not settle for 9.5" widths. Go 10's and I highly recommend these in black:

https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-by-vehicle/mustang/s197-sn95-mustang/18x10-et43-apex-ec-7-mustang-wheel.html

VoodooBOSS said:
I would not settle for 9.5" widths. Go 10's and I highly recommend these in black:

https://www.apexraceparts.com/shop-by-vehicle/mustang/s197-sn95-mustang/18x10-et43-apex-ec-7-mustang-wheel.html

Those Apex wheels are really nice! Almost look like the BBS wheels on the 302R. But I can get the Enkei wheels for ~$500/set so it's a very inticing price for track wheels. I'd definitely like those Apex wheels for street bling though 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors