The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Floods, Fires, Fear of Covid!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Not Me...not even for a Pizza....Surf and Turf with Prime Rib and Lobster Tails....Maybe...................
Sure as hell not me. I hate even the 30 mins in line for our last run. Eating like weirdos in the parking lot with a bunch of other families in their cars. Like being at a drive-in theater with no movie playing and no windows down. Weird times.

Grant 302

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Flew to South Carolina for my brother's wedding. Was great seeing everyone and sharing in that joy. Flew back. I had to take three legs each way since a lot of direct flights have ended. It was about 19 hours one way. The Japanese tested me as I entered the country again and then tested again by the military two weeks later. Whole family is good to go. It was heartbreaking seeing all the shuttered businesses and terrified people. Hopefully that fear goes away soon.

In the V6L
Right about what? This suggests that the virus was circulating in the USA in the autumn of 2019 and nobody in the US healthcare system detected it. Other reports say the same thing happened later in the year in Europe, and it probably happened in many other countries as well.

When it comes to the question of just exactly who was asleep at the switch, well the answer is "everyone". The Chinese finally figured out what was happening and raised the alarm, and they've been getting blamed for it ever since. But if it was circulating in the USA in September, then maybe the virus didn't originate in China. Was that your point?

Covid is Covid...Hon tested positive a week ago but never showed any signs...I'm not waiting in a 2 hr line to get tested at this point.. A vaccine will start showing up in a week or two.We'll see how that plays out and hope for the best.....just wear that damn mask......................

Right about what? This suggests that the virus was circulating in the USA in the autumn of 2019 and nobody in the US healthcare system detected it. Other reports say the same thing happened later in the year in Europe, and it probably happened in many other countries as well.

When it comes to the question of just exactly who was asleep at the switch, well the answer is "everyone". The Chinese finally figured out what was happening and raised the alarm, and they've been getting blamed for it ever since. But if it was circulating in the USA in September, then maybe the virus didn't originate in China. Was that your point?

OK, I don't think the Chinese "figured it out",, unless you mean they realized they let the cat out of the bag and their attempts to bury it didn't work. With regards to who, I'd say the president's attempt to control travel from China, which was roundly criticized was probably the right idea in December and January.
But I'd trust them

Whistleblowing coronavirus doctor mysteriously vanishes (nypost.com)

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
The Gods of the Copybook Headings

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

- Rudyard Kipling

Grant 302

JMO...614D was infectious enough in countries with relatively lower hygiene, but 614G mutation became more successful globally, because it worked better in countries with good hygiene.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
For those interested in knowing which hospitals have the highest capacity rates in the nation, and where they're located:

From NPR:
In 126 counties, the average hospital is at least 90% occupied, according to an analysis of the data by the COVID-19 Hospitalization Tracking Project. The states with the most counties above this threshold are Kentucky, Georgia, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Texas.

Might be useful to see if you're in one of those areas, as it might impact you if you need emergency medical attention.

This is going to be a very tricky tyme for covid outbreaks!!!...Lots of get together s, parties...you name it!!! Everybody....You got to stay vigilant!!!..Wear the damn mask...Look who's talking........The next few months will be the worst of this nightmare....Maybe by next yr this tyme, We all can say , Wow, We made it thru that world wide crisis........I pray to God we can...............

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Nonetheless, there is hope out there on the horizon. I, for one, believe the darkest hour will soon be behind us.
All the news out there is still trying to scare us into submission but in this case I understand it to some degree. Until the vaccine is widespread, we must remain vigilant. It's when you stop looking for the train you hear coming that it hits you.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel