The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

fog lamps holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikebxb

2012 BOSS 302 0782 no mods yet
Texas
So we have "plugs" where the fog lamp deletes are. Do they come out? Did I hear the JAYLENO video say they ome out for better air flow?
Why couldnt I remove them and install homade black painted screens (for radiator protection) ? And If so would it detract or inhibit the CAI thru the air box?

Yes, the plugs do come out. You'll notice there's a rectangular hole on the bottom, where you can place a flat head and pry it open. Doesn't require too much force to pry them open, so don't force it!

I bought nylon, flexible gutter guard from Lowe's and JB welded it to the opening, from behind the grill. So far they've held up great!

mikebxb

Texas
thanks and no adverse affect right?
does it run cooler?
& where the h*ll is the oil pressure and oil temp gauge???

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
mikebxb said:
thanks and no adverse affect right?
does it run cooler?
& where the h*ll is the oil pressure and oil temp gauge???

No adverse afftect and I don't notice it runnung any cooler with them out. I have yet to have engine temp issues even in the AZ heat on track. Oil temp is another story, will need an upgraded oil cooler at some point.

To see the guages you have to scroll thru them on your center console. You can only view one at a time which kinda sucks IMO!

Tucson302 said:
No adverse afftect and I don't notice it runnung any cooler with them out. I have yet to have engine temp issues even in the AZ heat on track. Oil temp is another story, will need an upgraded oil cooler at some point.

To see the guages you have to scroll thru them on your center console. You can only view one at a time which kinda sucks IMO!

Sadly that screen only came with the 2013.

I wasn't thrilled with the look of the wire and I didn't want to have to drill, so I had some made using a 3D printer. Pretty happy with the look.

p135503481-4.jpg

Boss1815 said:
I wasn't thrilled with the look of the wire and I didn't want to have to drill, so I had some made using a 3D printer. Pretty happy with the look.

Ya... I'm still waiting for you and your budy to start selling those!

Sorry, I was thinking you meant the fog lights in the lower valence. You can also get the Roush grill which is pretty close to a 302S grille. Boss 1815's solution looks nice, though. I have a 3D printer at home also, just have not run it yet...

mikebxb

Texas
Boss1815 said:

p135503481-4.jpg

very nice indeed!
wonder if it voids warranty...or that some dealer wouldn't try to wriggle out of a warranty rear because

TMO Supporting Vendors