The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford “Mustang” Mach-E 1400 Prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for posting this up for the Computer Challenged -------- I can definitely eat a loaded Big Mac, but I can not figure out my wife's MAC to post stuff. Doesn't help that she has trouble doing it also and right now she is doing what many retired folks do, resting, haha.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I talked to one of the engineers on the Mach E project last week. His comment on the name was this. When Ford put the Mustang name to the project, his fellow engineers stepped up their game. They knew people would expect more out of a vehicle with the Mustang name. Interesting point.

Now, if someone could shorten the "Refuel" times......Please.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Watching the coming EV Wars, this is just the " Lightning Round," because seeing what Tesla has done with reprogramming, competition from the Porsche Taycan, the Mustang EV with a performance model, I am thinking we are not coming to the end of the Second Coming of the Muscle Car Battles ( first being the 60s and very early 70s ). The last 3 Decades have been insane for Performance guys/gals , but with the Autonomous vehicle research , a generational group not as excited about cars as in the past, and the consumer thoughts that Electric machines will just be a green movement and quite plebeian , are not looking prophetic. I was really anti EV, but driving a Taycan changed that, and with promotional Beasts being showcased like the Mustang EV 1400, I am wondering if Hybrids and EVs may bring in a new wave of Hot Rods.

I think , especially for an older gentleman like myself, I recognize that today's younger generation is acutely attuned to tech , or should I say Super Tech, and therefore a boost and customization of their vehicle is not a far cry from their plug and play World at home or work. I am actually getting excited that we may have a new wave of power, not what we are used to , but still epitomizing that speed is a drug.

I can imagine a new Mustang MACH 2, or GT 1000 , where a 5.0 liter rumbles , but two electric motors help propel it from a dead stop or under track lode. Imagine a Mustang that really seems to motivate down the road with the same propulsion as a current F1 car, or a blend of Formula Electric , it just is seeming more and more likely with the signs amongst Automotive Manufacturers that 0-60 or farther still sells.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Nice - thanks for sharing! Forgive me if I've already said this, but you're really talented. I grew up drawing cars and I wish I would have done something more with the little bit of talent I had. I plan to take a course to brush up on drawing to see if I can get excited about picking up a pencil/pen again.

I'm pleasantly surprised about these drawings and that prototype.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Chris , I grew up drawing cars too, even won a few minor Art contests ( key word minor as that was what I was at the time, ha) , and I think you and I are still in Kindergarten compared to Yotah------killer drawings !!

Very pleasantly surprised at the efforts from Ford and it may silence a few who seem to believe Ford is no longer focused on Performance?! I think they are just deciding to go the quiet route, but when they speak , from now on , it will be a " Shout!"

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
along with a few of the photos from the video shoot we did a while back
With this and the Mach 1, thanks for sharing the drawings - very cool!

Was the photo shoot at Chuckwalla?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Watched this a couple of times before I sent the link to Ludachris yesterday and have now watched it at least three more times !!! Holy Crap, there is no way one can not get excited even if the viewer happens to be a GM , FCA, BMW, Tesla, Toyota, or other Automotive Manufacturer owner. The only thing that can be said is, " Kudos Ford Marketing you just nailed it for excitement , desire, and exemplifying where the future of Ford is heading!!" .......................and to me , it is obvious Performance is still heavily in the Blue Oval's DNA!!

PS - Dear Ford Folks in the Ivory Tower , give Yotah a big ass raise!!!!

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
I talked to one of the engineers on the Mach E project last week. His comment on the name was this. When Ford put the Mustang name to the project, his fellow engineers stepped up their game. They knew people would expect more out of a vehicle with the Mustang name.
That's the Mustang's established heritage talking . . . not something that came out of this new 'branding' mish-mash.

Norm

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Working on the sound, we'll have something much better for when it makes its first public appearance. Timing and Covid-19 meant we didn't have the time nor could get the correct people on site to tune the sound system that is fitted to the vehicle.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Yee gads.... When we were kids we used put a playing card in the spokes of our bikes so the would make a car like sound.... I strongly suggest Ford looks at some thing along the same lines but a little more updated!! I thought Blacksheep was kidding about the chalkboard..... he was not!

But apart from that, pretty cool car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel