The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford “Mustang” Mach-E 1400 Prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridlife has definitely grabbed my attention moreso than the other racing series recently. I think the explosion of interest is also relating to accessibility and inclusion (price and range of vehicles that can be entered). It seems that whenever a new racing series or group comes out (ex. SCCA > NASA > Gridlife), they try to make it easier and easier to join (maybe sometimes too easy, carry a fire extinguisher!). From a viewer perspective as well, I like seeing the vast array of different types of vehicles on the same field. I started in autocross and figuring out my class and PAX based on SCCA rulebooks took me longer than I'd care to admit!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Most of us old Timers in SCCA usually try to Mentor ( as you suggested ) new Autocrossers , because it is pretty easy to let folks know where they will end up. Surprisingly because CAM-C is so wide open many wander there because the guys/gals driving in that group are a lot of fun. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions on SCCA, NASA ,etc. and I will try to steer you in the right direction.

Thanks Bill! As of now I'm mostly lurking the forum soaking up all the good information here, but I'll reach out if anything happens. I must say that you all really run a fine forum over here with great people and genuine information. Ford Mustang forums really are dime-a-dozen, but this one is really unique for those trying to create a sorted performance machine (whereas the others just seem to be how many LEDs you can fit on your car or the latest 3M-tape-applied fake bodywork). I'm still in the process of gathering more parts and tools (it never ends) and will hopefully be able to contribute more someday!

Thanks Bill! As of now I'm mostly lurking the forum soaking up all the good information here, but I'll reach out if anything happens. I must say that you all really run a fine forum over here with great people and genuine information. Ford Mustang forums really are dime-a-dozen, but this one is really unique for those trying to create a sorted performance machine (whereas the others just seem to be how many LEDs you can fit on your car or the latest 3M-tape-applied fake bodywork). I'm still in the process of gathering more parts and tools (it never ends) and will hopefully be able to contribute more someday!

I completely understand this, I was invited to a local mustang club recently and it was exactly that way. I'm asking.. "does anyone track their cars or follow sports car racing?" nada, unfortunately, since one guy had a brand new GT500, apparently just for bragging rights.
As we used to say back in the carburetor days..it has virgin secondaries.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
Also FWIW these hybrids and electrics pose some serious challenges for first responders when we have to cut someone out of a car
In addition, solar panels on houses, that may be used to charge EVs, are also challenging to firefighters. You can cut the power feed to the house but if it's daytime, the panels themselves are always energized.

And add their weight to modern construction that uses trusses made of OSB and gusset plates instead of lumber and nails and the roof collapses within 5 minutes...

TMO Supporting Vendors