The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford Racing Cobra Jet Intake Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nz05gt said:
can be done though

kll7.jpg

123mm or 140mm?

There are a bunch of threads on SVTP about the Cobra Jet Intake Manifold right now. Not a whole lot with the Road Runner, mostly Coyotes but you can get the general idea though when reading those threads.

Also, Kdanner who has a Boss shorblock in his car ran a [email protected] with a Cobra Jet Intake and the FRPP CAI.

Sean said:
There are a bunch of threads on SVTP about the Cobra Jet Intake Manifold right now. Not a whole lot with the Road Runner, mostly Coyotes but you can get the general idea though when reading those threads.

Also, Kdanner who has a Boss shorblock in his car ran a [email protected] with a Cobra Jet Intake and the FRPP CAI.

Holy @*#%!!! That's better than instaling a supercharger. Is there a thread detailing Kdanner's build?

seca954 said:
Holy @*#%!!! That's better than instaling a supercharger. Is there a thread detailing Kdanner's build?

Unfortunately there isn't. But he did just run this just to give you an idea on what can be done with a Boss engine and Pypes stepped headers topped with a Cobra Jet Intake Manifold and the CJ Intake setup. The previous run mentioned above was on the FRPP CAI tube.

kdanner;1886885 said:
1.50, [email protected] they were running 1/8th mile only. Since the air was 1000' better and it picked up .06, I think it is safe to say the 4" ID tube was no restriction whatsoever. Based on the difference in 1/8th and 1/4 before I'd estimate this to be about a 10.54 and maybe close to 129 if we were running the full track.

I should be going to the track shortly, and I will keep you guys informed, here are some pics if you did not see the 5.0 Mustang magazine…

CJ_zpsc5de2f59.jpg

501and412_zpsa41ef915.jpg

IMG_8243_zps50554e5e.png

ArizonaGT said:
I like your gains and sharing of that info but the other mods you've done really confound the data with respect to the intake alone.

Hi,

Let me explain, the numbers before the CJ intake and the FR Dual TB were 474 RWH and 390 Torque…Power by the Hour and myself have done dyno run practically with every mod that has been done to see the gains.

There is a minimal gain in the end number for the torque, but a 14 lb. increase in the curve which is very noticeable.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manuel

It does leave a ? for how much gain someone would get with just the intake, headers and a tune. But I know now how to get 500rwhp for my Boss. I'm not sure I'll ever be ready to crack the seal on my motor to install cam's. Tempting, but not easily reversible too stock. BTW is the recall over?

Just a bit off topic here, I was wondering what wheel and tire size package you are running? Wheels look somewhat like stock but with without the brushed aluminum look on the outer edge.

BadPony said:
Just a bit off topic here, I was wondering what wheel and tire size package you are running? Wheels look somewhat like stock but with without the brushed aluminum look on the outer edge.

Stock powder coated wheels on R11's 265 F and 305 R.

Manuel

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel