The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar F14 18 x 11 Wheels Front versus Rear Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadhouse said:
What size is your 315 Pirelli? 315/680? Seems to be the only size 315 slick I can find...
Yes 315/680. They're balloons compared to the R7s in the pic at about 1.33" taller overall. I'm sure they'll have a different feel and obviously different gearing than the R7s so will be interesting. Greg Miller said the teams are all running taller tires because they stay in the preferred heat range longer due to few revolutions. So, that's why you're not seeing anything smaller.

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
Yes 315/680. They're balloons compared to the R7s in the pic at about 1.33" taller overall. I'm sure they'll have a different feel and obviously different gearing than the R7s so will be interesting. Greg Miller said the teams are all running taller tires because they stay in the preferred heat range longer due to few revolutions. So, that's why you're not seeing anything smaller.

Thanks for the info. I just ordered 4 of them. We'll see how they look/work at all 4 corners on my car :eek:

roadhouse said:
The new CF-5s look great on your car.
Yea I ordered F14s so I don't know wth happened. They're the right size so that's the main thing. Can you check the boxes when you get the Enkeis to see if they're marked F14 or CF5? With the 8 to 12 week lead time I don't have time to wait for Vorshlag or Forgestar to fix the mistake so I'm going to have to go with these. Hopefully they'll give me some kind of concession.

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
Yea I ordered F14s so I don't know wth happened. They're the right size so that's the main thing. Can you check the boxes when you get the Enkeis to see if they're marked F14 or CF5? With the 8 to 12 week lead time I don't have time to wait for Vorshlag or Forgestar to fix the mistake so I'm going to have to go with these. Hopefully they'll give me some kind of concession.

I'll check the boxes and let you know... That's a little frustrating after spending the money and waiting for so long.

On a plus side the CF5 wheels will clear the newer 15" rotors and 6 pot Brembo's so you might be able to use them on the GT350 or have a wider audience when you go to sell them. I think the weight difference is about a pound heavier compared to the F14. I was quoted a 6 week lead time not 8 to 12 weeks. It took 6 weeks when I ordered the 19" F14's 2 years ago. If it takes 12 weeks summer will be half over before I get them.

cp85gt said:
On a plus side the CF5 wheels will clear the newer 15" rotors and 6 pot Brembo's so you might be able to use them on the GT350 or have a wider audience when you go to sell them. I think the weight difference is about a pound heavier compared to the F14. I was quoted a 6 week lead time not 8 to 12 weeks. It took 6 weeks when I ordered the 19" F14's 2 years ago. If it takes 12 weeks summer will be half over before I get them.
They will clear the 15s, but the GT350 brakes at 15.5" so I'm not sure they'll clear them. Would be a bonus if they do though. These wheels took almost 8 weeks from the time I ordered until delivery and a friend of mine ordered the day after me and still doesn't have a date so that's why I said 8-12. Maybe lead times have come down now that they're a little ways past the dock strike.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
cloud9 said:

Anybody running 315's in 645/660 or 680 up front on 10.5 or 11" wheels?

I was looking at my Enkei PF01s yesterday trying to decide what to do with my them given I have switched to F14 Forgestars. It then occurred to me how similar they are to the Forgestars so I set them next to each other. I swear they are identical including the markings on the back side. Could it be they are made by the same manufacture and just sold under different brands? I could not find any difference other than my Enkeis are 10” and I was comparing them to my 11” Forgestars.

LS110 said:
I was looking at my Enkei PF01s yesterday trying to decide what to do with my them given I have switched to F14 Forgestars. It then occurred to me how similar they are to the Forgestars so I set them next to each other. I swear they are identical including the markings on the back side. Could it be they are made by the same manufacture and just sold under different brands? I could not find any difference other than my Enkeis are 10” and I was comparing them to my 11” Forgestars.
Enkei's are made in Japan and Forgestars are made in China. I'm pretty sure Enkei makes their own castings and Forgestar contracts them out. I've been to Forgestar's facility in SoCal before. I believe Enkei makes wheels for other manufacturers and they have been making wheels for decades. I bought a set for my 1977 280Z back in the day.

NFSBOSS said:
Enkei's are made in Japan and Forgestars are made in China. I'm pretty sure Enkei makes their own castings and Forgestar contracts them out. I've been to Forgestar's facility in SoCal before. I believe Enkei makes wheels for other manufacturers and they have been making wheels for decades. I bought a set for my 1977 280Z back in the day.

Could it be Forgestar is contracting to have Enkei make theirs? I will look at the stampings on the back to see how closely they match. Every other aspect of the wheels are identical.

It was funny today when I was loading it on the trailer. My wife stands in the trailer to make sure I'm going to miss the fenders. She's like "your wheels turned, you need to straighten it." I'm sitting there with the wheel squared up giving her a "funny" look when she says...."oh wait, do those new wheels look different?" I said same tires, different wheels, but yes they do :) I thought it was interesting that they had enough impact on the same tire size that she would notice. Not the kind of thing she would normally pay much attention to ;)

cloud9 said:
It was funny today when I was loading it on the trailer. My wife stands in the trailer to make sure I'm going to miss the fenders. She's like "your wheels turned, you need to straighten it." I'm sitting there with the wheel squared up giving her a "funny" look when she says...."oh wait, do those new wheels look different?" I said same tires, different wheels, but yes they do :) I thought it was interesting that they had enough impact on the same tire size that she would notice. Not the kind of thing she would normally pay much attention to ;)

That is just impressive that she would help you load the car. That is amazing that she noticed the size difference. Once again, size matters 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors