The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Forgestar F14 18 x 11 Wheels Front versus Rear Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadhouse said:
I will be test fitting a set of 315/680s on 10.5" wheels square soon...

What is the offsets on your 10.5"? I am trying to decide if I can use my Enkei 10.5" 38mm offsets with 315s in the front. I was using these as rears, but would be a great back-up set of wheels in addition to my Forgestars if they will work up front.

Tulsa, OK
LS110 said:
What is the offsets on your 10.5"? I am trying to decide if I can use my Enkei 10.5" 38mm offsets with 315s in the front. I was using these as rears, but would be a great back-up set of wheels in addition to my Forgestars if they will work up front.

+38mm PF01s...same as you

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
LS110 said:

Wow keep us posted on this one. So the width is basically the same for the 315/660 and the 315/680?

Tulsa, OK
cloud9 said:
Yes 315/680. They're balloons compared to the R7s in the pic at about 1.33" taller overall. I'm sure they'll have a different feel and obviously different gearing than the R7s so will be interesting. Greg Miller said the teams are all running taller tires because they stay in the preferred heat range longer due to few revolutions. So, that's why you're not seeing anything smaller.

I received my set of 315/680s yesterday and you weren't kidding, these tires are GIGANTIC! After looking at them and comparing them to my 305/645s I've decided to not even test fit them and just send them back. They are just too tall and I don't think I'll be happy with them...

roadhouse said:
I received my set of 315/680s yesterday and you weren't kidding, these tires are GIGANTIC! After looking at them and comparing them to my 305/645s I've decided to not even test fit them and just send them back. They are just too tall and I don't think I'll be happy with them...
I will try and run mine during "garbage time" one afternoon this weekend.

Just mounted today 315/680s onto 10.5" Enkeis. I will test these out on Monday at the track at let you know how they do. I did the stack comparison like Gary did next to my R7s mounted to 11" and 12" Forgestars and is it suprising how much less width there was with the 10.5" wheels.

gary, the pics above are with the rim/tire combo mounted with a 1/4 in spacer front and rear as discussed previously in the thread, right? Tough to tell, but are the tires sticking out very far from the body (doesn't look like it)?

Good luck with the new set up, i still havent bought rims and have a set of NT01s sitting in the garage!

Thanks!

stunya said:
gary, the pics above are with the rim/tire combo mounted with.1/4 in spacer front and rear as discussed previously in the thread, right? Tough to tell, but are the tires sticking out very far from the body (doesn't look like it)?

Good luck with the new set up, i still havent bought rims and have a set of NT01s sitting in the garage!

Thanks!
Correct on the spacers and no they don't stick out at all actually. They "felt" really good today but it didn't show up in lap times. The track was damp in the morning with high humidity lots of mud and no rubber down on the track. Tomorrow looks a little better but the storms are hitting again now so am guessing we'll have similar early conditions in the morning.

cloud9 said:
Correct on the spacers and no they don't stick out at all actually. They "felt" really good today but it didn't show up in lap times. The track was damp in the morning with high humidity lots of mud and no rubber down on the track. Tomorrow looks a little better but the storms are hitting again now so am guessing we'll have similar early conditions in the morning.

thanks and good luck tomorrow!

Tulsa, OK
LS110 said:
Just mounted today 315/680s onto 10.5" Enkeis. I will test these out on Monday at the track at let you know how they do. I did the stack comparison like Gary did next to my R7s mounted to 11" and 12" Forgestars and is it suprising how much less width there was with the 10.5" wheels.

John can you post a picture of the 315/680s on your car once you have them mounted?

roadhouse said:
Looks good, Gary! Ok, maybe I will mount my 315/680s... ::) Much better than I had pictured.

Logan - I think the 315s will work for you and you will be glad you did it. Will hopefully post picks late tomorrow or Tuesday of my set-up.

Ruh roh just ran 1.5 seconds faster on the used Pirellis. :-X. Track is dry amd there's a little heat in it now. First session this morning was 3 seconds off the sticker R7s but last session was 1.5 seconds better than bst time yesterday........ Will be interesting to see how the next session goes but humidity felt lower and car was pulling harder than yesterday. Sure would be nice to cut the tire budget. The other big factor is the gearing on these balloons seems more suited to this track.

TMO Supporting Vendors