The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Getting ready to order headers ...will headers void my warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Will installing headers and/or CAI void my warranty?

Also which headers are best? Kooks, Stainless etc...

Thanks.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Emissions yes, engine warranty most likely, overall powertrain possibly. CAI with tune voids engine and emissions warranty and again possibly powertrain. CAI without tune I think you can get away with and gain 2 hp.
I have all of the above and more and wouldn't have it any other way.
Steve

Those mods "should" void your warranty, but there are dealerships out there that are more mod friendly than others.

I was also researching headers and came to the conclusion that power gains are going to be close for most of the big brands, but Kooks appear to be the best made (fit and finish).

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
ARH or Kooks with ARH my preference (and Ford Racings) because of the way you have to pass the steering shaft through the tube with the Kooks. Both are super high quality and perform very well. Other brands are known for fitment problems and leaks. Check the web for problem stories and you will see. I'm sure that not all JBA, SW or Pypes install have issues but you will see a lot of complaints out there where the ARH and Kooks don't have many except for price :) buy these once, it's a pain in the ass to install them.
Steve

I've just been watching you tube videos the last two days and for some reason I just love the X-pipe sound. ARH has the X-pipe with side exhaust ports. I'm starting my FUND-ME page asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors