The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Chassis First Look Article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
Csaba Csere did a nice write up for Car and Driver.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/ford-mustang-shelby-gt350gt350r-chassis-detailed-the-more-we-learn-the-more-impressed-we-are/

This cooling became necessary when Ford decided to perform a durability test for the GT350R that consisted of a 24-hour run at a racetrack where the lap times were kept within three percent of the car’s flat-out max. The only things that could be replaced during the 24-hour run were brake pads, tires, and fuel. Any other failures and it was back to the drawing board.

They're certainly saying all the right things. Hopefully it can meet expectations.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
It's too bad Ford hasn't decided to have an internet jockey day for some of us to preview the car...

Like showing up to Laguna Seca on 5/22 to surprise us. Hint, hint ;)

The calipers are one piece which is nice. Are they forged too? This is the first I've heard of brake cooling ducts for the rear. I'm glad they are included and often my rears are hotter than the fronts when I come off track.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Here is another article with a number of pictures of the various components in detail, laid out on a table in at SVT's engineering HQ just outside Dearborn. I was there a few years ago for a display day like this when the 2013 GT500 was first hitting the scene. Oh the memories :)

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/05/shelby-gt350-chassis-deep-dive.html

Great memories indeed, along with the other tour stops that day. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors