The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did ford do something similar for the boss when they first came out?
If so, did any of you guys go?

I'm asking, because i want to know how much track time they give you, and if they put certain restrictions (e.g. top speed).

I just received my invitation in the mail ;D
Can't decide which one to sign up for!

Got a very plain looking letter that said Ford Performance on it ;D. Just sent the wife out for a nice 12-pack. ;D

Edit: registered for Lime Rock, Oct. 1. I will have to get there before so I can learn the track in the Boss and compare:)

F.D. Sako said:
Did ford do something similar for the boss when they first came out?
If so, did any of you guys go?

I'm asking, because i want to know how much track time they give you, and if they put certain restrictions (e.g. top speed).

I just received my invitation in the mail ;D
Can't decide which one to sign up for!
Not that I know of. They did do a big event for two days at Laguna Seca but it was mostly for media. I believe media will be in attendance at this event too. I think we'll only get between 2-4 laps on track and then possible driving the car outside the track. If a lot of peeps get invited that cuts more into the drive time. Not sure of the value of this but I'll let you all know after August 28th.

Anyone get invited to LS on August 27th? I wonder if the media is the 27th and customers on the 28th?

Article from the event in February 2011.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2011/02/review-2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-and-boss-302-laguna-seca/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:
My letter says Road America September 9-10 but my email confirmation is for September 10th 8:00-noon. Are there separate groups invited each day presumably?

They need time to repair the car you drive so the next day's people can use it :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
They need time to repair the car you drive so the next day's people can use it :)
Hope I can at least "try" to run a sub-2:30 lap :p. We need to find the weak points as a public service to all the future GT350 owners :D

Cool. Looks like Team BMO will be well represented. We'll have to get together for dinner Thursday night. Maybe the same place as last time. I have a meeting that afternoon and I'm hoping I can blow it off and leave work early. Who's going to drive their Boss to the event? I'm still thinking about it. As I previously mentioned I'm staying at the Courtyard in Salinas.

Mike I'm also planning on going to the IndyCar and PWC race that weekend. Rob and the Phoenix Performance team should be there along with Rehagan Racing/Dean Martin with Filip and his CorteX Racing crew wrenching for him.

Invite came in the mail today. Just went on the website to register...RA and LS events are both showing full, but there's a waitlist option. So, I'm waitlisted for RA on 9/10. Crossed fingers...

dabossinne said:
Invite came in the mail today. Just went on the website to register...RA and LS events are both showing full, but there's a waitlist option. So, I'm waitlisted for RA on 9/10. Crossed fingers...
Wow, glad I registered when I got home tonight I guess. Hope you get in to RA.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
^wow, yeah, glad I registered as soon as I got it in my grubby hands...

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. Looks like Team BMO will be well represented. We'll have to get together for dinner Thursday night. Maybe the same place as last time. I have a meeting that afternoon and I'm hoping I can blow it off and leave work early. Who's going to drive their Boss to the event? I'm still thinking about it. As I previously mentioned I'm staying at the Courtyard in Salinas.

Mike I'm also planning on going to the IndyCar and PWC race that weekend. Rob and the Phoenix Performance team should be there along with Rehagan Racing/Dean Martin with Filip and his CorteX Racing crew wrenching for him.
I'm up for dinner...we might need a bigger place?

Not sure about getting to Sonoma...it's not in my original request. ::)

four-walling said:
Congrats on being picked!
image.jpg1_zpseemmmluo.jpg

Exactly how I was feeling. ;) Thanks again for the heads up. Was able to make sure I had permission in advance...and that may have been a factor in getting a spot today.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel