The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 North American Track Tour

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
Cool. Looks like Team BMO will be well represented. We'll have to get together for dinner Thursday night. Maybe the same place as last time. I have a meeting that afternoon and I'm hoping I can blow it off and leave work early. Who's going to drive their Boss to the event? I'm still thinking about it. As I previously mentioned I'm staying at the Courtyard in Salinas.

Mike I'm also planning on going to the IndyCar and PWC race that weekend. Rob and the Phoenix Performance team should be there along with Rehagan Racing/Dean Martin with Filip and his CorteX Racing crew wrenching for him.

Got to love air miles! Flight booked $11.20 round trip plus 25,000 miles what a bargin. Land Thursday morning in San Francisco and out on Monday any hotel recommendations for Friday and Saturday night close to Sonoma? Marriott in Salinas booked for Thursday night for a $1 points transaction charge. Now if I can pull off a Hilton property Fri-Sun. Shaping up to be a fairly cheap trip until it comes time to write the check for the car.

Polaristxguy said:
Got to love air miles! Flight booked $11.20 round trip plus 25,000 miles what a bargin. Land Thursday morning in San Francisco and out on Monday any hotel recommendations for Friday and Saturday night close to Sonoma? I will see if I can book the Marriott in Salinas.
I'll send you a PM tomorrow evening. My wife stays out there all the time in Fairfield and I'll get some recommendations from her.

2015 GT350 North American Track Tour

Just wondering if anyone else has received an invite for the GT350 North American Track Tour from Ford ? I received mine today and registered for Laguna Seca, but I'm already on the wait list. The invite was for the following tracks, Laguna Seca, Road America, Lime Rock and Sebring Raceway. As of tonight, Laguna Seca and Road American had a wait list. I don't know how many of these invitations went out, but I was lucky enough to get one. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to actually go.

Georgia
NFSBOSS said:
I think we'll only get between 2-4 laps on track and then possible driving the car outside the track. If a lot of peeps get invited that cuts more into the drive time. Not sure of the value of this but I'll let you all know after August 28th.

Very curious about how much "seat" time we actually get. Looking forward to your ful report. :)

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: 2015 GT350 North American Track Tour

The other thread is here:
https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=9873.new;topicseen#new

I'm going to lock this one.

Hope to see you at Laguna Seca!

Georgia
Jabooh1 said:
So looked it up. I would have to buy a flight, hotel, etc to Orlando and spend $700 for this. Anyone think that it is more than 20 minutes or so behind the wheel?

I am looking at the same thing... went ahead and reserved and will re-evaluate after the LS crew attends.

Jabooh1 said:
So looked it up. I would have to buy a flight, hotel, etc to Orlando and spend $700 for this. Anyone think that it is more than 20 minutes or so behind the wheel?

I doubt we'll get more the 20 minutes behind the wheel.
it's a hop, skip, and a jump to LS for me so I'm definitely going...were I to have had to travel significantly...I don't know. The LS event is Aug 28th, and my car (Avalanche R) is supposed to be built Aug 24th...so I'm already kinda committed ;-)

Grant 302

Jabooh1 said:
I'll probably only spend half that to go up to Salinas from SoCal, but I think it'll be worth it to drive the car on a track that I'm pretty familiar with. Unfortunately, I think it'll be less time behind the wheel unless they have a bunch of cars. I'd be happy with 15 min, if there's also some ride along time in addition. Main reason to go, IMO, is access to Ford performance personnel.

bluemax said:
I am looking at the same thing... went ahead and reserved and will re-evaluate after the LS crew attends.
Great idea if you're on the fence...at least there will be somebody to take your place if you decide otherwise after we report back.

Grant 302

Looked up the Laguna Seca calendar...Looks like the whole event is booked for 105dB use! Pretty sure they'll let us run with the exhaust valves open!

And too bad Hooked on Driving is only there the Monday before. Would have been great to do a track day immediately before or after.

Jabooh1 said:

I'm in. A similar situation :-\
I really want to do RA or Sebring, but both those will be ~$900 trips. Limerock would be the cheapest, mainly because I could drive there, but it'll still be around ~$500.

That's a lot of track time with the boss, along with some maintenance and upgrades!
I'm afraid I'm going to have to turn this awesome event down :'(

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel