The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
VoodooBOSS said:
Ah the memories...looks like you had a good size class. Any other TMO members in attendance? Are you doing the 302 FRS tomorrow? If so plan on twice as much fun tomorrow!

Nope, the second day FRS stuff wasn't in the cards for me this time. I was really impressed by the staff and the facilities though so I may have to try going back sometime on my own for that.

I think there might have been a couple of TMO members there but I can't remember their names. :) It was a big group but I think only a few of us had any track experience.

I'm heading out on August 29-30 for my Track Attack experience. I'm looking forward to it and recording it with my Go-Pro. I saw a post that they were not allowing them on the inside windshield? Is this something new? I was told to bring a mount for the inside from the staff. Anyone else going during this time? I just bought a 2017 R, are they going to offer the program next year? Just curious if anyone has heard.

You can mount your camera on the inside of your windshield and the program will continue next year. Do you have a 2016 GT350 and you're getting a 2017 R?

Thanks for the info. I do have a 2016 GT350 with Tech Package. I liked the car so much I placed an order for the 2017 R.

VoodooBOSS said:
You can mount your camera on the inside of your windshield and the program will continue next year. Do you have a 2016 GT350 and you're getting a 2017 R?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
Thanks for the welcome VoodooBOSS. I just started going to the track a couple years ago and have tracked a '07 GT500, '15 Mustang GT, an '08 GT500 and my '16 GT350. I have only been to three different tracks though (Harris Hill, Texas World Speedway and UMC. I joined NASA this year and look forward to a few track days every year to try and get better. The 350 is such a good car, that it makes even the worst driver look good.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Not sure where else to post this, but last night Ford Performance Racing School's Facebook page posted this... https://www.facebook.com/FordPerformanceRacingSchool/photos/a.432545850201286.1073741828.431276170328254/920155011440365/?type=3

13603728_920155011440365_6372113916880637385_o.jpg

RIP. He signed me up for both track attacks and dropped in at the end of the day last time and chatted. Real nice guy.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
San Antonio
I just had a great conversation with him on July 3rd and he was in great spirits. Really nice guy, very knowledgeable, and what a great laff and light hearted personality. RIP Bill.

Wow sad news indeed. I was out there in May. What a cool guy with some great stories. One of my classmates had the honor of riding with Bill on the hot laps at the end of the day. He said Bill was absolutely flying around the track. RIP

tuckersmg said:
I am thinking of signing up for the Oct 23/24 dates since they have 2 days of driving available. Has anybody done Oct dates? How is the weather?
That's close to the end of the season so bring some warm clothes. I lived in SLC for a few years a couple of decades ago and you'll want to bring a jacket. They will run the cars in the rain but I'm not sure about show!

Thank You Sir! I think I will have to try and re arrange some thing so I can get there in Sept. Looks like I can try and make the 11/12 work before I fly out to COTA. Anyone else heading out there in Sept?

gleek48

Tapatalk User
tuckersmg said:
Thank You Sir! I think I will have to try and re arrange some thing so I can get there in Sept. Looks like I can try and make the 11/12 work before I fly out to COTA. Anyone else heading out there in Sept?

I am signed up for the 9/11-13 event in SLC. Can't wait!

TMO Supporting Vendors