The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350 Track Attack Program

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are they installing roll bars or full cages? The B2 cars had full cages. Not that they wouldn't have anyway, but @Moto and @Black Boss are going to leave our lowly GT350s in the dust with those Rs assuming we're all running stock rubber :p

Cages. I believe all class cars are track packs. The R's are reserved for the instructors.

VoodooBOSS said:
Cages. I believe all class cars are track packs. The R's are reserved for the instructors.
Interesting. That's different than it was for Boss TA. Given how few Rs have shipped I guess that's understandable.

akazanar said:
I took my son to the Boss Track Attack in April of 2013, 2 months after I bought my first Boss. I actually had to teach him to drive stick in my brand new Boss!!! The trip was his high school graduation present. It was a trip of a lifetime for us. You'll have a great time with your son I'm sure. Enjoy

Thanks! We have a track day scheduled for 5/24 and are really looking forward to sharing some fun!

If you haven't already read it, there is an interesting article posted on the Ford Performance web site re: Miller Motorsports Park now Utah Motorsports Campus.

http://racing.ford.com/enthusiasts/newsroom/2016/02/miller-legacy-with-ford-lives-on--in-utah-motorsports-campus-dea.html

Cool it looks like the museum stayed. Would be great to have a chance to meet Alan Wilson while there. He designed two of the nearest tracks to me including MPH, home of The Mustang Roundup since 2011. 8)

Ok we are about four weeks out and here's the latest:
  • We have ten attending in our group and nine are in the Boss 302 race cars on day two.
  • There are 18 GT350 Track Pack cars of which 15 are for students and three for instructors. They do not have any R cars at this time.
  • The museum is gone but they hope to have a couple of surprise cars for us to check out during the dinner
  • The dinner will be Sunday evening and details are forthcoming
  • They have open face helmets and driving suits for our use. If you want to use your Hans you'll need to bring it along with your own helmet
  • If you don't have driving shoes wear something comfortable that will allow you to heel/toe.
  • So far no word on any special Ford guests but that could change.

All,

New to this forum, but not new to Stangs or other forums

I did the Boss TrackAttack in 2013 and I had a FANTASTIC time. The MMP staff was excellent, facility first rate, museum was incredible, cars were a blast and Utah is awesome.

Makes me want to sell my 2012 B2 for a new Shelby 350, my wife even liked it, we spent a week out there.

I Highly recommend it.

I'm going to Pocono to drive a 350 on May 19th, got selected this time around.

Kevin

ArizonaBOSS said:
A little teaser from one of my friends online:

1924106_10209339308426213_4165316280873111770_n.jpg
I'm really looking forward to the learning. I just hope the pro drivers aren't running lead/follow in the Focus ST with one hand holding a radio and I'm doing all I can to keep them in view in a GT350. That would be humbling! :p

TMO Supporting Vendors