GT350 Track Tire Options

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by VoodooBoss, Jul 5, 2015.

1. The_Dead_Cow

The_Dead_Cow Mike

Your original post got me thinking about this fitment. OP mustang has replacement "R" studs that will handle IIRC up to 2" spacers. The downside to this setup is tire options as I've only found SC2, A7/R7, & Pirelli slicks.

2. Mystic_Cobra

Mystic_Cobra TMO Beginner

I have a feeling this is where I'll start with mine. I raced with NASA for 10 years and I'm tired of working on my track car. I want just a few simple mods that are streetable to make the car consistent and fun. I'm done working long nights preparing for track weekends.

3. petstang

petstang TMO Intermediate

I was wondering whether you can run 305/30/19 tires on all four R spec ( 11 front / 11.5 rear) wide wheels ? Not so worried about rotating them. More interested in the more neutral balance and absence of OE under steer that some mentioned. Thanks for the advise.

4. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

You should be fine. Or run 315 square.

5. blacksheep-1

blacksheep-1 TMO Addict

Sorry, I've been out of town..usually the high temps are on the inside since the car is running down the road on the inside edge., then transitions to the center/on the corners. But the high temps are always on the inside, if they are on the outside, you will definitely have issues.