GT350 Track Tire Options

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by VoodooBoss, Jul 5, 2015.

1. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

Hi @Etchhead , welcome to TMO. Are you referring to NT01's? If so the PSC2's are faster but will heat cycle out a bit sooner. I thought all the Porsche guys run PSC2's?

2. Etchhead

Etchhead TMO Intermediate

Thanks for the Welcome.
    Several of us ran 18" setup and NT01s were cheap cheap. Yes the newer GT3 guys ran PSC2s and were faster, but those cars are very capable anyways! Sounds like another set of PSC2s are in order then potentially make the change to R7s at some point but would want full safety setup before that. (Bar/seat/harness/fire).
    Re- Mark

VoodooBoss likes this.
  3. 85Gold

85Gold TMO Intermediate

NT01 are on sale 305/30 19 for $300 each at discount tire right now. The PSC2 is faster but the NT01 will last longer.

Peter

TymeSlayer likes this.
  4. ShelbyDoc350R

ShelbyDoc350R TMO Beginner

Does anyone have experience running with Pirelli 315/705/19 on stock rear carbon fiber gt350R rims? Fender clearance issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. toz

toz TMO Beginner

I ran them for the first time this weekend with no rubbing. -2.7 rear Camber

VoodooBoss likes this.
  6. ShelbyDoc350R

How did you get -2.7 camber on the rear.

7. dchunk911

dchunk911 TMO Intermediate

Tire Rack has Goodyear F1 Supercar 3R in 305F/325R for $1470 and free shipping.
    Considering for GT350R.
    Any feedback on GY Supercar 3R's????
    325's fit on rear????

8. VoodooBoss

Those tires are supposed to be fast but no idea if the 325’s fit a GT350. Don’t forget to use our Tire Rack link above.

9. Rimox51

Rimox51 TMO Intermediate

Has anyone run the Goodyear F1 Supercar's ??

10. VoodooBoss

We haven't seen much feedback on those tires but they should be pretty fast. How long they will last is the big question.

Do you still have your Porsche's?

11. Rimox51

Rimox51 TMO Intermediate

Yes Both. I really like the Porsche Cars. It's fun to run the Shelby at Porsche HPDE days.

VoodooBoss likes this.
  12. VoodooBoss

Yes it is. As a former and current Porsche owner it gave me great pleasure running down Porsche's in my GT350.

13. Mystic_Cobra

Mystic_Cobra TMO Beginner

Hey guys...just picked up my new GT350 a couple weeks ago and I'm trying to get caught up on 3.5 years of posts! :)
    I've been a member of most of the other Mustangs forums for a few decades but I seemed to have missed this one somehow.

Has anyone done any back to back tests of different size tire/wheel setups on the GT350/R?
    I'm specifically curious if upsizing front only to a square setup is actually faster vs the 'seat of the pants' meter.
    It seems that most selections are based on looks and what doesn't rub.

thanks

14. VoodooBoss

15. Kevin Guzniczak

Kevin Guzniczak TMO Advanced

Square setup benefits are more for extended use of tires on track. You can rotate front to back with square setup while stock staggered you can’t. Most of us tracking and running square setup are running a 305/30R19 for a street/track tire. Cup2 are popular of course. I ran Hankook RS4 for this season due to longer tread wear. You give up a couple seconds to cup2 on the track though. I didn’t notice issues with them until later running in the season as I progressed with the new car and got faster. Now I’m pushing them more and feeling their limits. Cup2 or perhaps the new Goodyear for next season. Or even some Toyo proxes R888R. I drive on them to the track currently. If I get storage set up at the track next season I could even run slicks.

16. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

Upsizing the fronts to 315's dials out the (very marginal) OE understeer and is quicker in my experience. Plus the faster tires (Hoosier A/R7's, Pirelli take-offs) are only available in 315 and 305 square set-ups respectively.

I've run Pirelli, PSC2's and R7's square, and PSC2's staggered. Pirelli are the quickest, but I've found take-offs to be of very variable durability. PSC2's (315 square) are as quick or quicker than the R7's for the first cycle, especially on tracks that benefit from the slightly taller tire for gearing and are now cheaper than Hoos. The R7's are more consistent through their life.

17. VoodooBoss

Forgot to mention that I ran square PSC2's in 305's on my GT350. With no suspension modifications other than camber plates the car was very neutral with no understeer.

Mystic_Cobra likes this.
  18. ShelbyDoc350R

Was wondering what people thought about using the new 19” APEX SM-10 Mustang Wheels 11.5 rims for a square set up with Pirelli 315/705R19 slicks? I currently run Pirelli slicks 305/690R19 up front and 315/705R19 in the rear on the stock carbon fiber rims. There is a current gangup.com on these rims....

19. VoodooBoss

I think in theory it could work but not sure if anyone has tried 11.5" wide wheels up front. See how your rear wheel fits up front with the proper offset using various spacers.

@APEXRaceParts

20. bpracer

bpracer Mark

The issue with 11.5" square is that you need a BIG spacer. You would have to run the R hubs (long studs) to get it to work. I don't think ARPs would be long enough.

I stuck another 10mm spacer on top of my 28mm that I run on my 19x11" square setup to see how they looked. The suspension wasn't settled in the photo.

The_Dead_Cow likes this.