The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R-C for up for Auction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austin
Someone on here should buy this. :)

pass360-racing-ford-shelby-gt350r-c-paul-holton-pi.jpg

• One of two GT350R-C race cars that were manufactured by Multimatic Engineering
  • Competed in IMSA's Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge in 2015 as the No. 158 car driven by Jade Buford and Austin Cindric, winning at Mosport
  • 2016 as our No. 76 piloted by Paul Holton and Pierre Kleinubing, with best finish of third

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0818-336399/2015-ford-mustang-gt350r-c/

Mecum estimating $150,000 - $200,000. Does that seem high? Does the race history increase value? No mention of the condition of the drive train or any components.

The first thing I'd do to that car is replace the voodoo with an aluminator like they now use in the GT4 and 350S. Now if the Billy Johnson, Scott Maxwell car was up for auction...

The first thing I'd do to that car is replace the voodoo with an aluminator like they now use in the GT4 and 350S. Now if the Billy Johnson, Scott Maxwell car was up for auction...

Why? The motor in it being a flat plane doesn’t appear to be a limiting factor seeing how it placed well in competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were photos floating around of cracked exhaust. To me the vibration was noticeable in my GT350 compared to my Boss 302. At SEMA a few years ago I talked with a Cosworth engineer about a V8 F1 engine they had on display. It was a FPC motor and he was explaining all of the vibration issues they had to deal with because of the crank layout. The very next year Ford announced the voodoo in the GT350. My preference is a CPC in the Mustang. Imagine the GT350 with an aluminator engine.

IMG_1404.jpgIMG_1403.jpg

There were photos floating around of cracked exhaust. To me the vibration was noticeable in my GT350 compared to my Boss 302. At SEMA a few years ago I talked with a Cosworth engineer about a V8 F1 engine they had on display. It was a FPC motor and he was explaining all of the vibration issues they had to deal with because of the crank layout. The very next year Ford announced the voodoo in the GT350. My preference is a CPC in the Mustang. Imagine the GT350 with an aluminator engine.

Still nothing validated. Just conjecture. The factory exhaust has weight for vibration absorption. Perhaps they had issues with their race headers without the weights. I know quite a few of us are running aftermarket LT headers without issue. They are thicker wall than a standard S550 typically, if done right. I track with mine on. No issues. Parts break on race cars no matter what based on the abuse they see. They run them, find weak points and then beef them up with replacements. Exhaust cracking may have been one. I found nothing on the web about vibration issues in these cars

The oil filter procedures weren't because of the vibration? Just sharing my opinion.

Oil filter procedures? You mean torque spec? I think that’s more a factor of pressure. These cars see 150 psi. Hand tight filter doesn’t get enough a a secure seal for the pressure. More clamp force is needed.

Are you're saying that the voodoo doesn't vibrate anymore than a coyote?

I don’t feel more vibration from mine as I wind it up vs when I owned my coyote powered GT. Whatever vibrations are inherent in the motor seem to be taken up just fine with the crank counterweight and front balancer. I’m not running the exhaust weights either.

MA
I have to concur with @VoodooBoss from a vibration standpoint. I've had a few mustangs and as much as I love the 350, I'm not sure I'd call it smooth. I wouldn't say I'm overly concerned about it, but the failure rate is a bit unsettling. Time will tell. My hope is like most vehicles out there, the problems will be identified, solved and preventable.

Well I’m at 20k miles. Daily mine 8months out of the year. 2nd season tracking it too. No issues. No vibration that I can feel. Is it as smooth as my Audi?, no but neither were my other 6 mustangs over the years. This one is the tightest handling one and I get more from the tight suspension and very wide tires than anything from the drivetrain. I don’t feel anything in my hands, butt or feet and I’m pretty sensitive to it. My mirrors don’t buzz either which is where I would see it first in my old Subaru WRX STI.

TMO Supporting Vendors