The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

GT350R pricing......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Been snooping around at the GT350Rs. Know MSRP is about $67k. Seems like most of them are around $90k. Anyone think they'll drop down some soon or is this the price to pay to own an R?

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Only time will tell. I'm looking for lower. I figure there's no danger in waiting. Backup plan is to get a late '18, if the R doesn't get close to MSRP in a year.

Prices are holding strong. Contact @Bill Pemberton and see if he has any leads.

I believe prices will get to MSRP before the run of GT350R's is done (now through 2019). I have found several 2017 GT350's at MSRP lately, but I am holding out for an R. Be patient.

Grant 302

REAL 1 said:
Waiting for the GT500. Will be a beast and great at the track.

I'm hoping *that's* the reason the prices on the last Rs will slip a bit. Once the news is out on what the new GT500 will be, prices will have to soften a bit.

Dig-It said:
Wow, through 2019! Where did you get that?

If this is true, that's a pretty long run for a "specialty" mustang model. Does this also mean that all variations of the GT350 are likely to remain available almost every year, similar to the SVT Cobras from the earlier years, i.e.: sn95, New Edge, etc? If so, we will hopefully see the '15-16 GT350 Track Pack and '17 GT350s to significantly come down in price within the next couple years or so. This would be awesome for people like myself who drool over these cars but can't necessarily afford their high markups of today.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for the referral , and I do know that Ford does have somewhat of a shutdown for the Rs over some Winter months due to the tires. Rep mentioned to us they have shipping issues with the competition type tire they use ( obviously not easy to get on an off a truck in icy/snowy weather). So expect a slowdown or even shutdown in the near term.

Pretty common to note Manufacturers are stating many DOT competition tires, or even Ultra High Performance rubber ,should not be driven in 40 degrees or colder. But we want our stickum, so they are giving us more and more gumballs for fun and track use.

This is what I was referring to regarding production of the GT350 for 2018 and 2019:

https://blog.americanmuscle.com/

Scroll down and there is an article confirming production through 2019 with 7 spd automatic transmission added as an option.

Is this internet garbage?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Could it happen, sure, but it seems many consumers today tend to believe whatever is blogged , printed , tweeted etc., and 2019 is a long way off. With more and more individuals actually unable to drive a stick , it has a lot of probability , but at this point I would chose to wonder when this may or may not arrive? Not saying it won't , but vehicles like the Focus RS ( months behind initial build dates), Jeep Trackhawk ( likely done for 2018 instead of 2017) , Challenger ADR ( not actually an approved production model yet) , could also mean Ford Marketing is testing the waters. I can see it happening, because of many requests by our customers ( 20-35 age group especially ) who want paddle shifters or other mechanisms and are not too excited about a manual ---not picking on you stick shift studs on this Forum , of course,ha! The other element , which often rears it's ugly head is CAFE ( corporate average fuel economy) and the newer automatics are gaining mileage and this helps the bottom line. Just my humble opinion of course.

There are reasons so many are buying " Save the Manual " T Shirts , because we all fear the fine art of heel and toe will someday be thought of as a phase to be used when your wife or significant other is in Discount Shoe Warehouse ( DSW ).

I'm sure they will offer an auto at some point but which one? The previous generation FGT had a transaxle and I suspect the new one does too. If so forgetaboutit. The most likely scenario is the 10 speed auto from the F-150 will show up in the Mustang and GT350. This is the trans developed with GM and will soon be available in the ZL1. I hope I'm wrong and a 7 speed dual clutch trans makes its way into the GT350 but I'm not holding my breath.

F-150 10 speed auto
10-speed-transmission-on-stand.jpg

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
My bet is the new GT500 will be the 5.0 TT cpc or 5.2 TT fpc. I like the 5.0 better for its traditional American V8 character for the GT500 but the fpc would be cool and will allow Ford to amortize the development costs on the 5.2. I expect Ford to make this GT500 the lightest GT500 ever. No reason for it to weight more than a GT350. Should be the same chassis with magnaride suspensoin tuned for the GT500 and aggressive aero. With over 700 hp and a great chassis this car will be a game changer.

My bet is that its Ford's answer to the new Z28, ZL1 and even the ZR1. Maybe it might be able to be seen in the same company as the Prosche GT3RS and new GT2.

I am 4th on my dealers list right now and deciding whether to spend the $70K on the new GT500, as GT500s historically don't hold value well (a critical factor in spending $70K+ on a car) or spend the money on a cherry classic '69 or '70 Boss 302 which may be a safer "investment" or basket to put $70K+.

Grant 302

Grant 302

mattlqx said:
Buy low, sell high. Just trying to make a quick buck, it's the American way.

Somehow, I doubt that's the case. Affluenza is common around here, and I doubt he bought it for less than his ask price. There are at least 3 non-Rs that I know of which fall into that category locally.

Grant 302

Give it another year.

2016 production rounded out at 475. A lot higher than many were thinking at only 300 units.

2018 production would get the Rs to about 1,500 total. That would rival the LS numbers, and there were enough of both '12s and '13s to hit MSRP toward the end.

The economy was still crap when the Bosses were out so I know that damped prices a bit back then.

And if I have to wait for the used market to hit that level, then so be it.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
My bet is they produce through '19 with total production around 2000 or so.

As soon as the new GT500 hits or there are some performance tweeks in the new models '17 and '18s will drop in price.

What I find interesting is that while standard Boss 302's are in the mid to low $30K's for cars with 15k + miles in general low mileage Laguna's (less than 3500 miles or so) are still in the mid $40k range. Pretty impressive.

I think the LS will hold its value better then the GT350 tech and track pack cars. R will likely hold value due to limited number too. Every car though is affected by mileage regardless.

mattlqx

Mustangless
REAL 1 said:
What I find interesting is that while standard Boss 302's are in the mid to low $30K's for cars with 15k + miles in general low mileage Laguna's (less than 3500 miles or so) are still in the mid $40k range. Pretty impressive.

I think the LS will hold its value better then the GT350 tech and track pack cars. R will likely hold value due to limited number too. Every car though is affected by mileage regardless.

I've seen LS's for sale in the $35-38k range (not high miles either). I've also seen some mid $40ks but I'd be surprised if they're moving at that price, just like I don't think the Rs with asking prices in near $100k are moving.

TMO Supporting Vendors