The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those AP brakes are the business. All of the fast teams in different forms of racing are using their products right now. The idea was so simple it's amazing that no one ever attempted it before (with any sort of success that is). Remove all material that does not contribute to strength. Size the pistons and beef up the caliper to fight the trapezoid shaped torque deflection during hard braking....

So how does Brembo fit into all this? They own the company but does the technology end up in Brembo Branded Products?

Clever!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Is that regulation cable tape...?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
If Nick is using it you can be sure that it is a Mil Spec or Porsche grade material Sal. The man is very precise in all he does. I wish I was half as organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looks a little grippier than regular tape is why I asked.
Pretty sure that falls under "Illegal traction device" if I'm not mistaken....

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Being precise doesn't mean he doesn't go for the unfair advantage [emoji61]‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like I often say:
"It's not illegal if they don't specifically say you can't do it."
And:
"Do what you want until they ask you to stop".
lol.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Now personally I have never cheated....but I've sure done a lot of things they weren't happy about. Every year the new rules would come out specifically forbidding whatever I did the previous year....not my fault they were always a year behind. :D

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Still working on that -- working on a low current solution so I don't need to run 1 gauge cable to the lhs of the car.
A latching Solenoid. That's what I used on the stock cars.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The challenge on the S550 is that the alternator feed is combined with the battery lead, so cutting power from the Battery via a solenoid leaves the alternator providing power and/or potentially damaging voltage spikes. On the Boss I used a 2 pole switch and a solenoid in the alternator circuit (Blowfish). Looking at other solutions.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
The challenge on the S550 is that the alternator feed is combined with the battery lead, so cutting power from the Battery via a solenoid leaves the alternator providing power and/or potentially damaging voltage spikes. On the Boss I used a 2 pole switch and a solenoid in the alternator circuit (Blowfish). Looking at other solutions.
Do let us know what the best solution is.

TMO Supporting Vendors