The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's a Red 350R from Michigan on the Chin Roster for Sebring in December. Is that you? I'll be there for that event. It'll be my first time at Sebring.
Yes, I'm signed up. Will likely run the night session too ;) and probably Daytona the week prior.

Look forward to meeting you, it's a fantastic track!

Unusual, but didn't make it to Gingerman this year -- unless I sneak in a day for their last event of the season [emoji6]

Hope to see you at the track sometime!

Will be next season for me now. I’m out of town for the season closer. Darn snow. It would be cool to meet up with others on here. Could learn a thing or two from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Trusty Setrab 948 :)

Looking good! I am still impressed by the factory radiator enclosure on the 350s. Very cool stuff.

Yes, the enclosure is very impressive -- even more so that the same one is adjustable for A/C and non A/C condenser fitted cars. A few air leakage paths that I'm closing off, but way better than the S197/Boss.

Last edited:
Good call on the 18" wheels.

Nick how did you mount and wire the main cutoff switch and where did you put it. The FRS 302S cars had it in the left A/C vent location which I liked.
Still working on that -- working on a low current solution so I don't need to run 1 gauge cable to the lhs of the car.
Finally decided on the main power cutoff. None of the solutions I researched was perfect, will post details on pros/cons and "How to" later, but installed a 500A solenoid next to battery:

IMG_4714.JPG
Toggle switch, under center stack:

IMG_4713.JPG
And wiring for a second switch in series at Driver's side cowl:

IMG_4710.JPG
Will finish up once Lexan windshield is installed, Plan is to copy GT4:

IMG_4418.JPG

TMO Supporting Vendors