The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
There's a Red 350R from Michigan on the Chin Roster for Sebring in December. Is that you? I'll be there for that event. It'll be my first time at Sebring.
Yes, I'm signed up. Will likely run the night session too ;) and probably Daytona the week prior.

Look forward to meeting you, it's a fantastic track!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Your in Michigan too? I’m out of Grand Rapids. Gingerman is my Home playground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unusual, but didn't make it to Gingerman this year -- unless I sneak in a day for their last event of the season ;)

Hope to see you at the track sometime!

Unusual, but didn't make it to Gingerman this year -- unless I sneak in a day for their last event of the season [emoji6]

Hope to see you at the track sometime!

Will be next season for me now. I’m out of town for the season closer. Darn snow. It would be cool to meet up with others on here. Could learn a thing or two from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Got the Setrab 948 Oil Cooler installed today:

IMG_4679.JPG

Top Hose:

IMG_4681.JPG

Bottom Hose:

IMG_4682.JPG

Cut holes in shrouds to maintain boxed air. Hose runs:

IMG_4680.JPG

Temporary (vented!) wheel line and brake cooling duct install to verify hose clearance:

IMG_4676.JPG

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
The Trusty Setrab 948 :)

Looking good! I am still impressed by the factory radiator enclosure on the 350s. Very cool stuff.

Yes, the enclosure is very impressive -- even more so that the same one is adjustable for A/C and non A/C condenser fitted cars. A few air leakage paths that I'm closing off, but way better than the S197/Boss.

Last edited:
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Have decided to go with 18" wheels for the build. Test fit my rears from the Boss (CCW 18" x 11" ET52) which fit perfectly (with a 25-28mm spacer up front):

IMG_4730.JPGIMG_4731.JPGIMG_4732.JPG

Plan to run Hoos 315's.

Am contemplating Apex 18 x 11" for a second set.

Good call on the 18" wheels.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Nick how did you mount and wire the main cutoff switch and where did you put it. The FRS 302S cars had it in the left A/C vent location which I liked.
Still working on that -- working on a low current solution so I don't need to run 1 gauge cable to the lhs of the car.
Finally decided on the main power cutoff. None of the solutions I researched was perfect, will post details on pros/cons and "How to" later, but installed a 500A solenoid next to battery:

IMG_4714.JPG
Toggle switch, under center stack:

IMG_4713.JPG
And wiring for a second switch in series at Driver's side cowl:

IMG_4710.JPG
Will finish up once Lexan windshield is installed, Plan is to copy GT4:

IMG_4418.JPG

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Mounted the tires (Hoos 315 R7's) and test fit the APEX wheels today. Fronts clear the AP calipers by at least 14mm:

IMG_4754.JPG
IMG_4755.JPG
And with a 25mm spacer up front the (long) 350R studs are plenty long:

IMG_4757.JPG

Shock clearance is just over 6mm. I may go to 27-28mm spacers to mimic the carbon wheel offset precisely.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel