The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking great Nick!
I tried to zoom in on your R's rear shock sticker (the yellow one)
I'm trying to read the part number.
FR3Z ?????
When you think about it could you please post the front and rear strut/shock numbers please.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
barstowpo said:
Have you found any unexpected damage?

So far a few things: Rear brake pipe (in addition to the hose that I knew was bad), Fuel tank deflector shield, Engine Mount and Fuel Pump mount. Fortunately all of which are not too spendy. The good news is I've managed to salvage a few parts that I thought I might need to replace. Hopefully there aren't too many more surprises :eek:

Black Boss said:
@8250RPM Front Strut is: FR3Z18124T, Rear: FR3Z18125S

Are you considering an upgrade?
Thank you Nick!
I may consider it but I'm also going to wait and see how the ridetech controller goes. I've talked to Cortex racing and they said it's better than the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you verified that the motor was ok?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The OEM FPC exhaust headers look interesting. Are those cast iron or a cast alloy collectors with stainless steel tubes welded in? If so, that is nice welding. The number 5 cylinder primary tube has an interesting profile.

The new sub-frame bushing look great, should be a great improvement on track.

You have made a lot of progress. I hope you receive the newly painted BIW soon so you can begin the joyful stage of this build.

In regard to the engine, you mentioned an inspection tear down. Which made me wonder if the engine did not shut down during the early stages of trouble? I thought perhaps the fuel system would have shut down.

Just hate to see you go through all that trouble.

On the lighter side of things; after going through your build thread again and seeing the of the scope of this epic build, it occurred to me that those boys over at GYC have it comparatively easy! Very nice work.

2HP

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
voodoo child21 said:
Exterior trim kit? License plate-BLACKGT4

No -- still waiting on the BIW Exterior kit, which is why the car is still in paint (it includes the Rockers and Rear facia).

No license plate for this car, but I like your thinking, Steve ;)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
302 Hi Pro said:
The OEM FPC exhaust headers look interesting. Are those cast iron or a cast alloy collectors with stainless steel tubes welded in? If so, that is nice welding. The number 5 cylinder primary tube has an interesting profile.

The new sub-frame bushing look great, should be a great improvement on track.

You have made a lot of progress. I hope you receive the newly painted BIW soon so you can begin the joyful stage of this build.

In regard to the engine, you mentioned an inspection tear down. Which made me wonder if the engine did not shut down during the early stages of trouble? I thought perhaps the fuel system would have shut down.

Just hate to see you go through all that trouble.

On the lighter side of things; after going through your build thread again and seeing the of the scope of this epic build, it occurred to me that those boys over at GYC have it comparatively easy! Very nice work.

2HP

Yea, the welding on the Headers is very neat. They will get swapped out -- just have to choose between Kooks and ARH.

Fuel pump cutout shut down the motor, so I'm hoping it's good.....

Got the wiring harness and suspension height sensors re-assembled on the rear sub-frame today, and also repaired a couple of pigtails on the Engine Bay wiring harness:

IMG_3541.JPG

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors