The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 GT350R Race Car Build Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any thoughts of replacing the sway bars? I use Eibach front and rear bars. They made a huge difference along with cortex adjustable end links and delrin bushings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@8250RPM I'm going to use the Ford Performance Rear bar to give adjustability.

Any replacement bars should have flanges next to the bushings (check the OE bars) to prevent lateral sway bar motion under loading. Lateral motion can take out the ride height sensors.

Last edited:
DFW, TX
It's a 25mm bar. Not much bigger then the stock R rear bar of 23.87mm.
.984 vs .940. Plus the Eibachs are adjustable.
The oem of course are not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are right, for some reason I thought the R was 13/16". Smallest rear sway bar I can get away with is what I like to run.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Those mirrors look like Terminator mirrors.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
A little surprised to see this route myself, but I think it will offer good insight into the true performance potential of the MR system in a race application. From what I've seen in most rulebooks, these are either banned outright (pro level) or not yet considered (club level) for enforcement. You may be a pioneer here.

Are you planning to run the CorteX MR controller unit?

So here's my logic -- I salvaged more than half the MR stuff, and figured I'd give it a try, especially as there's no real data yet on MR v's coilovers. Other considerations were that the car needs a shake down, without too many changes to compare with the GT350R and the FR350S specs and parts will likely not be available for some time.

Everything is coming together great - off topic; where'd you get the Boss Track Attack stickers you've got on the lift?

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel