The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Help Decide between 2013 Boss 302 VS 2013 Roush RS3 VS 2015 GT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi All,
I am here trying to seek help to let me decide on what will be smart decision for my next car. I confess that I am not a car guy.

Being said that, I have had a 2005 V6 Mustang manual for 2 years now and I absolutely loved it. I graduated from college a year back and now I am making enough money to buy a new car. I have not doubt that I will be buying a Mustang again, but I am little confused. My budget is between 35 to 40K and this is my list:
2013 Boss 302
2013 Roush Stage 3
2015 GT

Here are my priorities:
I am never taking my car to track. (Even if I do it wont be more than once)
It will be my daily driver
Irrespective of what I will be buying, I am selling in 2 years. So my major priority is I need car that depreciates least among this selection.

Any response is deeply appreciated.

Thanks for reading this post. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Get the 2015 Mustang GT or the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang…Even the Ecoboost has over 300hp and 310lb ft of torque. If it's your DD the ecoboost will get you descent gas mileage too. Go and test drive one

Adam

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Flyboygsxr said:
Get the 2015 Mustang GT or the 2015 Ecoboost Mustang…Even the Ecoboost has over 300hp and 310lb ft of torque. If it's your DD the ecoboost will get you descent gas mileage too. Go and test drive one

Adam

Ecoboost 2015 for daily driver and no track use.

I know eco-boost is best daily driver. But gas mileage is not really my concern. I need more fun :)

I had a feeling BOSS 302 will have edge when it comes to depreciation. But I needed to confirm from someone who knows it first hand. And also will it be significant?

You can use cars.com or cargurus.com. These site and others will give you a good idea on selling price. Kbb.com also helps show depreciation.

The BOSS is the best bet within your list on depreciation. The BOSS has been fantastic all things considered with depreciation. However, it has yet to be seen how it'll do once the specialty S550 launches.

Also consider interior gadgets. Such as stereo quality, Bluetooth, USB and mp3 connectivity...
The boss comes with the crappiest stereo setup. However, 2013 has sync, Bluetooth, aux, and USB connectivity, while I believe the 2012 Boss doesn't.

I wouldn't consider the Roush, since it's usually over priced and just has bolt-on parts, nothing special.

My advice, look for a new 2014 premium, or a V6 with pony package, where you can get a good deal on now. You won't be disappointed with either of those choices.

Toss out the Roush for sure . . .

Now down to your two viable choices. You stated you won't be tracking but once or twice and it will be your daily driver.

My advice . . . get the 2015 GT in either Manual or Auto.

I debated long and hard over the 2013 Boss or 2015 GT. Different cars for different purposes. Mine is a weekend canyon carver so the Boss was a good choice for me. I also wanted something out of the norm. There are very few SBY Bosses in my neck of the woods. Having said that it lacks a decent stereo, NAV, Electric memory seats, passenger seat adjustability that you get in the 2015 GT Premium.

The GT on paper is faster than the Boss with all the modern conveniences you'd want in a daily driver. The aftermarket bolt-ons for suspension and CAI and the like will follow quickly. I would pass on the V6. I think those that buy the Ecoboost will regret that decision very quickly. While impressive it's no V8 and I would regret it if it were me.

The 2015 looks to be the best of both worlds for a great handling, fast car that you can drive everyday. I can't wait to take one out for a test drive.

Good luck . . .

If you're worried about depreciation buying a new car is the last thing you want to do.

Yea,
Depreciation is kinda big concern for me. I need decent stereo, but the rest all is not my major concern. I can live with manual seat. I dont need memory as I wont let anyone drive my car :p.
So I will end up loosing a lot of value of a 2015 GT in next say, 2 years compared to a 2013 Boss? Also I am not panning on doing any mods to my car once I bought it.
Coming to looks, I kinda like some and hate some in the 2015. So I will not be regretting getting a Boss as I love the way it looks already.

And with so much hype for 2015, I was hoping I could get a better deal on already cool boss...thought??

Thanks Calif boss302 NFSBOSS F.D. Sako Boss1601 for your inputs :)

If you are not going to track it and will DD with it and then sell in two years I would just find a used 2013 or see if any dealers get stuck with a 2014 when the 2015 rolls out. DD will end up with more road rash and I think that would detract from a Boss value more than a GT. I am not sure why you need to sell in only 2 years, but you will have a harder time letting go of a Boss, trust me ;) If you buy used you won't take as much of a hit on the depreciation and for a newer used car you are probably not going to have any major issues like an old used car in only two years of ownership.

Why not just find a deal on a Premium 2014 GT when the time is right and lease?

Just that I see so many GTs on the road and I want something different :). With what I have researched, I will not be driving more that 30 miles a day. So A Boss with an extra 20K miles in 2 years might not depreciate as bad as a new 2015 GT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I am moving out of country after two years... cant keep it longer :)

goutham3561 said:
Just that I see so many GTs on the road and I want something different :). With what I have researched, I will not be driving more that 30 miles a day. So A Boss with an extra 20K miles in 2 years might not depreciate as bad as a new 2015 GT. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also I am moving out of country after two years... cant keep it longer :)

Ah, yea I think it would probably depreciate less. And if you can't take it with you then enjoy it now! But at least install an axle-back. That sound would be hard to forget!

NFSBOSS said:
If you're worried about depreciation buying a new car is the last thing you want to do.

Absolutely true! Ask me how I know. I lost $14K with trading in 2 cars within 1 year of buying them.
It seems like you have a decent budget, the smartest move will be either to buy a used 2011+ V6 or 2011+ GT depending on how much gas you are planning to burn.

Forget about 2013 Boss, Roush, 2015 GT...not good options for your situation.
And Honestly, if you say you " absolutely loved your 2005 V6" that means you are going to be in crazy love with the options I suggested.
And if you really really insist on choosing one of your listed options, I will say the Boss 302, because it is simply the Boss and likely she will depreciate the least.

TMO Supporting Vendors