The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Interpretation please…

What does it mean when a car going in the opposite direction down the highway revs it's engine to redline at you? This has happened several times to me now, all occurrences have been with Camaro drivers. What exactly are they trying to say or expect me to do? Am I supposed to be impressed that they are willing to stress their engine and burn extra fuel for absolutely no reason? I can't help but feel this is what it must be like to be in a bathroom stall next to former senator Larry Craig…not exactly sure how to respond to that foot stomp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 
It's called little man syndrome. If you were next to them going the same direction they would be too cowardly to do anything. But there is always the 1 out of 10 who might just want to hear a rev back.
 
This is a common practice in the wild; you will see a deer puff and blow wanting to show the larger deer that he is as bad as them, turkeys will expand and strut there stuff....only to be taken down by the big bad wolf...or Boss!!

Or a sign of showing respect to the Boss 8)
 
It probably depends a lot on the area. In the south or mid-west people are more friendly than in NE. Most of the time I get revved at it is by a ricer. The more shitty the car the higher the probability, it seems.
 
Consider yourself lucky, I can't get anybody to mess with me. Either in this car or my previous modded GT. Nobody wanted a piece :-[
 

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
521
0
Lmao at some of these replies, I needed the laugh.
Especially since I did it to a Corvette yesterday. LoL
I did it as, (Hey, Cool car!)
 
130
0
WinterSucks said:
Most of the time I get revved at it is by a ricer.

You still see a lot of ricers? 10 years ago I couldn't go more than a few miles on the road without seeing a Civic covered in stickers, 4 ft aluminum wing on the back, chrome fart cannon exhaust, fake carbon fiber hood, and spray painted black wheels but I don't see much of that anymore at all.
 
I don't know if it's a geographic thing, here in Southern Illinois, but it seems 99% of the Chevy pickups around here have been converted to glass pack mufflers. I don't understand what makes the Chevy guy tick to want to do that even with new trucks. I guess it doesn't void the warranty. Then the Dodge guys with diesels all want the 6" diameter smokestacks, that look like a Peterbuilt, coming up through the bed behind the cab. I feel pretty normal in my box stock Ford.
 
AsaBoss302 said:
What does it mean when a car going in the opposite direction down the highway revs it's engine to redline at you? This has happened several times to me now, all occurrences have been with Camaro drivers. What exactly are they trying to say or expect me to do? Am I supposed to be impressed that they are willing to stress their engine and burn extra fuel for absolutely no reason? I can't help but feel this is what it must be like to be in a bathroom stall next to former senator Larry Craig…not exactly sure how to respond to that foot stomp.
When this happens my first instinct is to turn around and run him down and when you get next to him won't even do anything they will seriously judt ignore you.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
 

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
1,094
66
Maryland
i think its a camaro thing. i had some kid in a new SS pull up next to me on the highway. i was in the middle lane with a car in front of me. he was in the left lane with some open space. he actually did the dumbass three honk and go thing that you see on youtube while his girlfriend held a cell phone up taking video. what did this douche expect me to do?

gene pool seems awfully shallow in camaro land.
 
Rich_S said:
You still see a lot of ricers? 10 years ago I couldn't go more than a few miles on the road without seeing a Civic covered in stickers, 4 ft aluminum wing on the back, chrome fart cannon exhaust, fake carbon fiber hood, and spray painted black wheels but I don't see much of that anymore at all.

Yup. Lots of rice here in MA. I think it's hilarious that I am only 200ft from the corner and they are already stomping on it in 3rd by the time they go by... and they are still going so slow lol. Awfully annoying at night. Once on the highway I was next to an SI and some shitbox zoomed up between and past us, slowed, zoomed, slowed...Me and the other guy just looked at each other not sure who the idiot was messing with. We both ignored him and he finally backed his smoking pile off.
 
I had a kid up near Lowell MA put his feet on the seat of his bike and try to stand up. It doesn't end with just a throttle blip sometimes. He was also in the left lame doing at least 70. In the BOSS I have had only one instance of a guy in an accord try to pass me on a single lane road. He didn't.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top