The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
The Lap Times/Track Database is finally ready for testing. Who wants to help me test it? I need people who want to post their lap times. I have only added a few tracks so far. I'll likely need to add your track so you can post some lap times. Heads up, you'll need to have a vehicle profile created for the car you drove for that lap time to be able to post one. PM me!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
The Lap Times/Track Database is finally ready for testing. Who wants to help me test it? I need people who want to post their lap times. I have only added a few tracks so far. I'll likely need to add your track so you can post some lap times. Heads up, you'll need to have a vehicle profile created for the car you drove for that lap time to be able to post one. PM me!
I'll be ready in early October. But remember without video, it never happened.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
sorry I didn't get to this I was cramming for the race this weekend. I'll have a look at it tonight.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nashville TN
I put in a time there for Road Atlanta. Once other tracks are available, I'm happy to load them up - for me, that's Nashville Superspeedway, Barber Motorsports Park, NCM Motorsports Park (Grand Full and Bike Loop).

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Riverside ca
Dialing in the GT500 for SCCA TT season at my home track Eagles Canyon on the 2.7 ccw. Trying to stay in limited prep Max1 trim.
View attachment 79646
2:09's right after I got the car, slower than my previous gt350.
9/5 session with 305/20 nankang cr-s tires, and front camber added. Now running my gt350 times.
Last session finally down to the 2:05's with low 2:04's optimum target. BMR gt350 handling springs, BMR front sway bar full stiff, base gt500 rear bar. 20x11.5 6gr wheels, 305/325 nankang cr-s 200tw.
hello Sir Stan just wanted to ask what offset wheels you have from Apex to be able to run 325 Nankang tires?

thanks in advance

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I don't want to lock this thread, since people might reply and ask questions about older lap times that were posted, like the reply above this. But for everyone wanting to submit a lap time, I'll ask that you do so in the new Lap Times system here:

Thanks!

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
A couple of questions on the new lap time thread.
1. Can we post a video (or screenshot) of the lap time on the new database?
2. Can we search by username to see what our times at all tracks, or our evil nemeses' times are at all tracks?

I know Sal and the other faithful TMO keepers of the lap time list are thankful for this new system. Thanks for putting this together.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
A couple of questions on the new lap time thread.
1. Can we post a video (or screenshot) of the lap time on the new database?
2. Can we search by username to see what our times at all tracks, or our evil nemeses' times are at all tracks?

I know Sal and the other faithful TMO keepers of the lap time list are thankful for this new system. Thanks for putting this together.
1. Yes you can. There is a "details" field when you post a lap time that allows you to post images and links to videos. I will be implementing the ability to directly upload the video to Youtube inline (to our TMO channel) when you post a lap time, just like you can when you post a thread in the forum.

2. Once we get the Beta wrapped up, the next step will be making it so the lap times you've posted for your vehicles all display in your vehicle's profile. So yes, you'll be able to see all lap times you've posted, and those others have posted. They'll all be listed in the vehicle profile.

:hellyeah:

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
Cool feature! Thanks.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Big thumbs up on the new Lap Time List!!! I've entered my times and associated video documentation (or it didn't happen).

Could we add one more category for tires used on the main entry screen. They are the #1 difference maker for lap times, and I like to compare similar setups. I'm thinking three categories:
200TW and up (for the CAM and Optima crowd)
<200 TW (Sport Cups and R compounds)
Slicks (Hoosiers, DH, etc.)

I know this may be getting too deep, but I'm thinking long term when there are hundreds of times at a given track configuration (like VIR Full). Anybody else think this would be useful... or too darn complicated?

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Could we add one more category for tires used on the main entry screen. They are the #1 difference maker for lap times, and I like to compare similar setups. I'm thinking three categories:
200TW and up (for the CAM and Optima crowd)
<200 TW (Sport Cups and R compounds)
Slicks (Hoosiers, DH, etc.)
I can add a single selection menu for tires, we would just need to choose the verbiage carefully. And then we'd have to ask everyone that has already posted their lap times to go in and edit their lap times.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Charlotte
I can add a single selection menu for tires, we would just need to choose the verbiage carefully. And then we'd have to ask everyone that has already posted their lap times to go in and edit their lap times.
Let me know when it’s ready. I’ll cheerfully update mine.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel