The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here's the in car video for the 2:04.796 lap:

Not the fastest laps, but fun, passing traffic, including 2 F-Cars (boy they sound good!):

Great video. Car looks very settled especially in corners and gators...... Good job. What tires? What pads? And if you do not mind, how many of those 20 or 30 minute sessions are you getting out of each? Thanks, Cant wait to run with you!

Nick, nice driving and you're looking smooth as ever. Who was driving the other R?

What tires? What pads? And if you do not mind, how many of those 20 or 30 minute sessions are you getting out of each? Thanks, Cant wait to run with you!
@boss1 I'm running both PSC2's and Hoosier R7's with G-Loc Pads (R18/R12). I'm getting 15-20 cycles out of the tires, about 7 hours for front pads and about 12 hours for rears. Expect more rear wear if you do not fully disengage ASC.

Thanks. 15 - 20 cycles is pretty good. What is Asc? And how do I disengage it? I had been wondering how to get all of traction control off.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Wanted to add a time:

Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch 22 Apr 2017 on the Mansell 3.4 mile course with my stock 2017 GT350
2:53:554

This was my first time out on a track, was a blast and lots to learn.

Wow, your car looks great! Were you out there with SpeedVentures/ProAutosports?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Another great day at VIR. We were able to get in a few really good sessions before the weather set in and shut down the track. I had a great time hanging out with some TMO members and all the other car enthusiasts here, and I always learn a good tech tip or two from Nick (aka Black Boss) in the paddock.

And to keep this post somewhat relevant: this stock GT350R (save G-LOC brake pads) is consistently turning 2:09 - 2:10s with a 2:08:85 thrown in there. I love this car!
@Dig-It what tires were you running? (for thread update)

Set my personal best at TWS: 2:06.194

Driving my 2012 Boss 302 at Texas World Speedway 04.28.17. This is my fast lap of the day and is my personal best at TWS. This was a mostly stock Boss 302 with street tires on a hot day (92 F).

Car:
2012 Boss 302
TracKey, AdvanceTrac OFF
P-springs, stock struts/shocks (set to 5/5)
MM CC plates
MM RLCA and panhard bar
FRPP RLCA relocation brackets (middle adjustment)

Alignment (L/R):
Caster: 7.3*/7.4*
Camber: -2.0*/-2.0*
Toe: 0.0*/0.0*

Tires:
F: 255/40ZR-19 SUMITOMO HTR Z III XL
R: 285/35ZR-19 SUMITOMO HTR Z III

Camera:
GoPro Session 5 (1080p/30 fps/Wide)

Data:
AiM Solo DL

Software:
RaceRender 3

Last edited:
Ran Thunderhill yesterday (3-mile bypass configuration) and turned a 2:07.5 and change during my last session. It was a good way to end the day since I was stuck in the 2:08s during all the previous sessions.

Car = GT350 track pack
Tires = Michelin PSS
Mods = Camber plates (running Ford recommended track settings), Pagid pads with Motul RBF 600 fluid

Unfortunately I forgot my GoPro so no video but here's a screen shot from the lap timer:

Thill Bypass 5-1-17.png

TMO Supporting Vendors