The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Best in New Car
I guess the best way to Describe it would be a-
FR-302R /Hankook Rs3
NJMP Thunderbolt w/o Chicane 1:33.40

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
New PB at NYST (New York Safety Track) in Harpersfield NY

1.37.5 (shaved 9 seconds(!!!!) off my last best when the car was basically stock)
**Video is of 1.37.7 lap, I found 2 laps prior to was actually 1.37.5 though

2014 GT TP
Hankook z215 C51's (which corded during my best lap)
Koni's & springs
Tuned
Aero

Last edited:
New PB at Palmer at the end of last year 1:50.82. Also new PB 1:20.49 at Thompson last week with Cart. Lots of fun doing there time trail.
Stock Boss with St47 Brake pads, Take off A7's

Thanks Derek. Tires are good I get them with 4 to 6 heat cycles on them. Only problem is it really needs camber plates. After a day at the track the outside is down to the cords. I think the biggest change with my lap times is from the brake pads. During our Chumpcar race last year at Thompson I picked up on a different line in the oval that probably help a tenth or two. Looks like your car is turning well and you can get on the gas early. Racing Watkins Glen Memorial Day Weekend in the SVO Chumpcar it should be fun.

Matt

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Boone on VIR-Full 2:13.96 ; '05 GT, 5.3BBB & stuff, H&R coilovers & stuff, 200TW street tire

Ignore the speedo (16-17% off), didn't redo the tune after 4.10 to 3.55 swap and tire size change.

Boone on VIR-North 1:50.05 ; '05 GT, 5.0stroker & stuff, H&R coilovers & stuff, 260TW street tire

Boone on CMP 1:57.73 ; '05 GT, 5.0stroker & stuff, H&R coilovers & stuff, 260TW street tire

Date: 5/20/17
Time: 67.570 (AIM Solo)
Car: 2014 Mustang GT

Weight: 3900+ (with driver)
WHP: 365-385 est (bone stock)
Tires: 315/30/18 Falken 615Ks
Ambient: 70 degrees (ish), Overcast

Remarkable day for me. Wasn't even thinking about a PB but the AIM times were dropping nicely after a leisurely warm-up. Thought I was just going to scrub last event's OPR off and get a feel for a damp track. Turns out it was nearly dry and "on-line" was certainly dry. Go-time! Got kind of ragged hustling the car, especially at hairpin.

I'm a noob in the instructor ranks, but my student and I made significant progress on that side too. Very satisfying when the lights start coming on. Double red letter day for me.

As always, a work in progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got to drive on COTA. Awesome track, really hard not to turn in too early on some of the turns.

My AIM data and in car video didn't work but I have some go pro laps. The video stops about half way through each race because of overheating.

Best time was in race 3
2:32.9
AI race car
HP 359 weight 3470
275 Toyo RRs

Gotta get back there!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Ran a 2:28.483 at COTA over Memorial Day in a Nasa TT3 spec Mustang on Pirelli DH's.

Don't have any video but have a nasa results sheet!?
29865d1468882169-i-seent-i-seent-.jpg (on timingscoring.nasa.com)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel