The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ran a 1:25.7 this past weekend at Summit Point Main Circuit - my new PB! 2017 GT350, Michelin Pilot Supersports, camber plates and GT350R front springs.

@dirtroadtrip did you notice any difference adding the R front springs?

There's definitely a little more harshness on the street. On the track it's hard to say since the camber and alignment were also different vs. last time, and the ambient temps were 60 degrees warmer. I do think I was more stable in hard braking, and turn in was sharper. For $50, there was no reason not to add them while installing camber plates.

Last edited:
It's the same rubber compound as the R888 with a different carcass and tread pattern. As I'm not testing back-to-back (previous expirence was with a C5Z over 6 years) it's tough to come to absolute convictions in opinion although my preception is that steering response, feedback, and transitions are improved although the tire probably isn't any faster. I tend not to run for long periods of time on the track so am not able to offer an opinion on consistency although word on the street is that they're improved. Overall I'm enjoying them and would recommend as a lapping tire, for competition purposes it really comes down to your rule book and desired level of competitiveness.

Frankly, tires aside I'm pretty damn impressed that the relatively stock GTPP is able to run within 1.5 seconds of my relatively stock C5Z lap records.

@Krispy Nice lap time. How do you like the new R888r tires?

Barber Motorsports Park
1:41.92
2017 Gt350R
Nitto Nt01's/Project6gR wheels

I'm consistently 2-4 seconds faster on the carbon wheels and Hoosiers which should have been enough to take the top spot from @Black Boss but unfortunately I corded the driver front on the first session with the Hoosiers so, I had to run the Nitto's all weekend. Still gotta give props to @Black Boss though... 1:40.00 is a hell of a lap! I'll upload a video of the lap today when I get a chance.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
All times updated to this point!

For reference--if you run your car in the same configuration at the same track and post a slower time, I don't update your time in the first post. I only make updates if the times were faster with the same setup, or if you ran a different setup.

All times updated to this point!

For reference--if you run your car in the same configuration at the same track and post a slower time, I don't update your time in the first post. I only make updates if the times were faster with the same setup, or if you ran a different setup.

Quick Suggestion, Summit Point should be in the Northeast Cataegory

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
My fastest laps from Barber this past weekend, including a new PB for me(1:45:4). Had a slick let go on day one so ran the rest of the weekend on used 19" RE71's and have to say...TOTALLY impressed with how they performed. 1:42 was very doable, I left plenty of time out there, and the track got really hot...as you can see on last lap through turn 41f642.png :) my predictive on that lap showed 1:44:7 and screwed up shift at the end, either way really happy with how the car performed. Also got to share the track with a few TMO members too!

j3st3r--GT TP/Suspension/Bridgestone RE71--1:45:4

TMO Supporting Vendors