The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
All times updated to this point!!

Just kidding--bounced off the 20,000 character limit. Will get that fixed and bulk-update soon. Keep up the good work everyone!

drano38

Wayne
Last weekend I spent 3 days at Motorsport Park Hastings, Nebraska, with the Great Plains Porsche club. Great track, great event. 290 track miles total.
Best lap, 1:46:440, ~ 2 seconds slower than my PB.
Two PCA race groups, and one DE. Usually only about 8 of us out for DE. My last Sunday session was awesome. Lined up at the back, and picked off 3 Porsche's in about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, I didn't realize my memory card was full, so no video. But my daughter got some photos.
DSCN3143_zpsd2rltfwb.jpg

Here's just before passing the second Cayman.
DSCN3430_zpsr7do8nsy.jpg

Video from my Watkins Glen outing on page 49 with the 2.07.78 lap. If I didn't have that one corner behind the lotus, it would have been a touch faster...

Anyways, enough excuses. Video below

Thanks for sharing! I'm headed to the Glen next weekend for the first time and I need all the virtual pointers I can get. Those walls are intimidating!

That's cool that you had Jade instructing you! Nice driving.

Was Jade's hand gesture to show you braking points or turn in points?

That's cool that you had Jade instructing you! Nice driving.

Was Jade's hand gesture to show you braking points or turn in points?

Thanks!
Braking points. Mostly he's showing me when to start trailing off the brakes. His hand going down towards the dash is to signify when to start braking and as he lifts his hand away he's telling me to "ease off the brakes and roll that speed". He really is an amazing driver, and an excellent driver coach!

j3st3r

Brian S.
Tennessee
Haha, funny you mention that. the fastest time was 2:17.8 so I thought I had it by a tenth, but apparently the times were updated right before, or during the weekend, and @j3st3r beat his previous personal best.

Getting harder to keep you guys behind :) I was hoping to have Jade ride with me last time, but ended up with Andy Pilgrim. Definitely would like to get some sessions in with Jade though.

Getting harder to keep you guys behind :) I was hoping to have Jade ride with me last time, but ended up with Andy Pilgrim. Definitely would like to get some sessions in with Jade though.

Haha, next time at least let me catch up to your old PB before you beat it by almost 2 seconds! You definitely should work with Jade if you get the chance. He might be at the Chin event at NCM again in October.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Not sure it counts as my lap timing failed out all day but transponder at Buttonwillow last weekend had me at a best of 1:56.7 on 13 CW. Running Pirelli slicks scrubs 305-680-18. They do not seem to post lap times anywhere with OnGrid, so feel free to not count this. Just thought I'd share.
We're on the honor system here--I'll allow it. I pity any person that feels they need to lie to get to the top of our leaderboard(s).

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hmmm after looking back at my COTA times, it seems I misread them. It was a 2:01.96376549, lost the video though.
Record holder!
LMAO

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel