The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone

Professional Thread Killer
Quick Suggestion, Summit Point should be in the Northeast Cataegory

As I am from WV, you've opened up a can of worms here. Summit Point is south of the Mason-Dixon Line, yet it's in a state that chose the correct side in the Civil War. Using that logic, it makes sense to move VIR to the Southeast, and we can debate the Summit Point classification for years. Please don't.

Ultimately, none of it really means anything, but I felt compelled to spout off...

And yes, the 2:09.16 from Swiss Boss as VIR is phenomenal.

As I am from WV, you've opened up a can of worms here. Summit Point is south of the Mason-Dixon Line, yet it's in a state that chose the correct side in the Civil War. Using that logic, it makes sense to move VIR to the Southeast, and we can debate the Summit Point classification for years. Please don't.

Ultimately, none of it really means anything, but I felt compelled to spout off...

And yes, the 2:09.16 from Swiss Boss as VIR is phenomenal.

Well I was using the logic that VIR is already in the Northeast section, which is way further south than Summit.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
VIR is the snowbird location for us Northeasterners therefore should remain in the north east grouping. LOL. Seriously this is the best forum but more importantly the best group of guys (and their ladies) I have encountered in the car enthusiast hobby. What other forum has such a broad base of knowledge and true practical experience without the condescending bullying or juvenile attitudes you encounter on other sites? Through this forum I have made a group of real life, get together, track with, and have dinner with friends from all over the country. Speaks well about the quality of the folks here and I am proud to be a member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@steveespo thanks for the kind words. It's been a group effort and you've been a big part of that. I hope you're back on track soon.

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2015 GT PP base
Track/Course: Mid Ohio Club Course (chicane)
Best Lap Time: 1:41.76
Brake Pads: G-loc R16/R8
Tires (Size & Model): Square 305/680/18 Pirelli DH slicks
Suspension: BMR Handling springs and camber bolts
Other Mods: 18x10 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3, FTBR cooling ducts, BMR CB005, Steeda RLCA bearing, Ford toe link/knuckle bearing, FTBR shifter bracket

I'll add mine. These were HPDE Novice Solo unless at AMP, where I run Intermediate as I've been there a few times. Thus all times posted here today are my first time at the track with the exception of AMP.

Model: 2016 Mustang GT PP (Full Weight)
Suspension: Steeda Autosports Suspension (Dual Rate Comp Springs, Pro-Action Adjustables, etc.)
Tires: Continental DW 285/35-19 Square
Brakes: Powerstop Track Day

Atlanta Motorsports Park (AMP)
Best Time: 1:38.9
Conditions: Dry, Hot, Notable Traffic
Love this track and have goals to drive other cars around it, especially "handling cars" like a Miata and Porsche.

Talladega Gran Prix Raceway
Best Time: 1:13.4
Conditions: Wet, Cool, Negligible Traffic
I got bored at this track pretty quickly and don't think I'd return unless it was really cheap. Good place to learn off camber / late apex turns, especially making yourself slow down to go fast.

Not really counting it but I have been to Road Atlanta once and got a 1:50 on my second session, which was the only one I could get times for on account of Track Addict constantly freezing or malfunctioning (perhaps due to the heat). I have two more Road Atlanta visits this year, so we'll see what I can get on record.

'17 GT350 at Sonoma 7/16/17. 100% stock and about 8psi too much in the tires. 210lb passenger. Me driving. About 2 gallons of Sunoco 100 mixed in with Cali Coors Lite. 100° ambient, we measured 130° track temp. Estimating with spring temps around 55°, no passenger and the 34-36 psi a high 1:51 is possible. PSC's off the R would put that under 1:50 for sure.

1:54.20 on AIM solo DL. I think it was lap 2 in this video. Did a few 1:54's late in the day. Last minute track visit so camera mount was too far forward. Also too lazy to sync video for data overlay.

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Track/Course: Charlotte Motor Speedway "ROVAL"
Group: JZilla Track Days | Novice
Best Lap Time: 1:49.8
Brake Pads: G-LOC R12-F / R10-R *first time out with these!
Tires: Nitto NT01 305/30-19 Square *first time out with these!
Wheels: SVE GT350 19x11"
Suspension: Steeda Autosports
Other Mods: VMP 93, GT350 CAI, Velox Aero, Brake Cooling Ducts

I could just BARELY hit 140 at one point but couldn't get passed it at the top of 5th. Faster times for sure were awarded to cars that were much faster on the oval - like up to 170, 180 I heard? It is incredible how bumpy the oval is. This course was an absolute blast. I'm learning that I seem to prefer technical courses. Plus this was my first time on "sticky tires" and, well, much to learn but the addiction is real!

Unfortunately I saw a YouTube video of a STOCK Camaro SS 1LE best my times consistently by 3-4 seconds. He was in the intermediate group and had faster traffic to weave through (or not ever come across)... but that hurts.

There'll be more videos of the night run and a GoPro vantage point on YouTube whenever my computer decides to finish processing video for me. Clearly need a video editing class...

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors